Hey guys well here is one of builds for the PACAIR II, along with another Hellcat, Corsairs, and Dauntless. Im build an F6F-3E with the Eduard Hellcat with Ultracast AN/APS-4 radar, seat, and wheels also from Ultracast. Now the decals Im still working on how Im going to do that. But Ive read that Butch did fly one of these aircraft in WWII with TBM-3E.

Here are some preview shots of what Im going to build.

F6F-3E.jpg

F6F-3E2.jpg

Thanks

Stanton

Well I was able to get off work at a reasonable hour today, so I was able to get started on the Hellcat. I had to take some .30 plastic rod attach it to a drimmel tool and did alittle laying with a No.11 Xacto blade, to make the radar scope on the F6F-3E. On the first pic I posted of the IP was for the 3N but the bottom pic of the aircraft is the correct one with AN/APS-4 radar. Well here are some pics of what has been done so far.

F6F-3E14.jpg

F6F-3E10.jpg

F6F-3E6.jpg

F6F-3E4.jpg

Here is pic of the cockpit with an Ultracast seat and Hase sidewalls since I cant really afford the AM from Aires.

F6F-3E8.jpg

F6F-3E12.jpg

Here is pic of the radar operating controls, which I will install on the left sidewall of the Hellcat.

Sorry fire away with the comments.

Thanks

Stanton

• 1 year later...
VEry cool

Anyone know where I can get some pictures of a F6F-3E. I'm just starting work on a Eduard Hellcat. I just recently returned to the plastic addiction after being away for 20 years flying Rc Planes. Things really changed while I was away. Thanks Ken