1:48 SR-71 from EBAY

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, I've been a modeler for 15 years now and this is the first time I've joined a modeling forum.

I've been lurking around for a long time but finally decided to join.

My first love is 1:48 modern jets, but I build cars and armor every now and then.

I recently bid and won a 1:48 Testors SR-71 on Ebay. Unfortunately, the instruction manual wasn't included. I have no intention of getting into a feedback war with the guy. I just want to build my kit and get over the problem.

Could someone possibly provide me a scanned copy of their manual? Or does anyone know a site that has the manual for download?

Thanks for reading this, I'm looking forward to joining in the fun at ARC.

I have that kit in storage, if I can get to it this weekend I will scan them. Afraid I can't promise, I have a lot of stuff going on this weekend. Someone else may be able to help you sooner.

Welcome to the ARC from a fellow (recent) newbie and

Blackbird family enthusiast. You will find plenty of good

company here. Never a shortage of ARC members who

are willing and able to answer your questions and help

with your requests.

I'm glad I joined and you will be too.

Cheers,

Bill

This would also be a good time for me to plug our upcoming SR-71 decal sheet...

-brian

Not trying to hijack your thread but...

Brian, Is there any chance of getting the NASA YF-12 included on this sheet? Or maybe doing up a sheet for the YF-12? :deadhorse1:

Don

Welcome to the ARC from a fellow (recent) newbie and

Blackbird family enthusiast. You will find plenty of good

company here. Never a shortage of ARC members who

are willing and able to answer your questions and help

with your requests.

I'm glad I joined and you will be too.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, seeing so many people still enthused about the Blackbird is certainly a plus. In fact, I couldn't help but wonder how old the other Blackbird fans are. Do you remember the movie D.A.R.Y.L.? I was crazy about the Blackbird when it still had the aura of mystery the Nighthawk and Spirit enjoy now. I can see how its legendary status is perpetuated with Discovery specials reminding people what an incredible HUMAN (I emphasize that) achievement it was. Remembering seeing those engineers at tables MANUALLY designing the SR-71 still makes the hairs on my arms stand on end.

Just an awesome awesome plane..awesome achievement.

Don't be downhearted about the eBay wrinkle. It would be nice if every seller did a full inventory of what they're offering and told you everything (and responded to questions in time, and gave accurate postage charges, and ...) but for the most part they're nice enough people and you'll find absolute bargains. Also you get to watch the laws of economics in action - fascinating, though it's not called the dismal science for nothing.

And if something does go a bit wrong, there's always good old forums like this one - if a problem can be solved, it will be.

Welcome aboard! Forums like this are a real wealth of information and alot of fun, so enjoy. But they can be addicting, so watch that.

Not to be natty, or anything, but assembling that kit oughta be a piece of cake, instructions or not. Just have at it - there aren't likely to be many surprises.

Don't be downhearted about the eBay wrinkle. It would be nice if every seller did a full inventory of what they're offering and told you everything (and responded to questions in time, and gave accurate postage charges, and ...) but for the most part they're nice enough people and you'll find absolute bargains. Also you get to watch the laws of economics in action - fascinating, though it's not called the dismal science for nothing.

And if something does go a bit wrong, there's always good old forums like this one - if a problem can be solved, it will be.

Right you are Sean. It's tempting to throw a hissy fit (and I've thrown a few good ones when things haven't gone my way during a build) and stereotype whatever or whoever was responsible for the problem.

But if it hadn't been for the problem, I may not have joined ARC and I may not have met some really friendly people such as yourself.

Glass half full and all that.

Thanks for the post, it cheered me up.

Paolo

Welcome aboard! Forums like this are a real wealth of information and alot of fun, so enjoy. But they can be addicting, so watch that.

Not to be natty, or anything, but assembling that kit oughta be a piece of cake, instructions or not. Just have at it - there aren't likely to be many surprises.

I know! For such a large box, there were a lot less parts contained than I expected. I was/am tempted to start the prepping process, a tradition I have with new acquisitions. But, I've never experienced not having the manual, so it's a new and unnerving feeling.

I can't begin to describe the relief I felt, receiving help from ARC members the same day I found out I discovered the problem. I slept like a baby that night.

I appreciate the encouragement David, and the warning. I'll do my best not to have too much fun. :woot.gif:

welcome aboard!!!!

it can be very addictive!! with so many people from all over the world, its quite easy on a weekend to be on here for 24 hours staight, constantly readying new threads and posts!!!

Richard

Welcome to ARC! :rofl:

Good luck with your build mate, I'm waiting on one in the next couple of weeks myself, so I'll be following yours closely. I've been too cheap to buy anything aftermarket thus far, but these upcoming decals might just change that! :woot.gif:

welcome aboard!!!!

it can be very addictive!! with so many people from all over the world, its quite easy on a weekend to be on here for 24 hours staight, constantly readying new threads and posts!!!

Richard

Hi Richard. I can see how ARC can be fertile ground for our creative juices. I can’t wait to jump in!

Paolo

Welcome to ARC! :)

Good luck with your build mate, I'm waiting on one in the next couple of weeks myself, so I'll be following yours closely. I've been too cheap to buy anything aftermarket thus far, but these upcoming decals might just change that! :)

Good for you! Like I said, I was surprised to find so many Blackbird fans. It‘s really great finding each other and so many of us!

This is a great time for our hobby with eCommerce and Ebay. Aftermarket parts are only a click away.

And mate, I don’t think you’re being cheap. Modelers are just frugal consumers with discerning taste. At least that’s what I tell myself! ;)

Paolo

ill definitely be interested in seeing your blackbird build. ive always loved that plane, and been doing tons of research on them this year and have fallen more in love with it. ive got 7 1/48 blackbirds in the stash, got a grand plan with them (conversions to a-12 on 3 of them 2 yf-12 and 2 sr-71) which i hope to get to this summer. must get my other builds off the bench!

welcome aboard!

perhaps we could get a blackbird group build here?

david