Well here she is finished.

Since the last pics I have completed the painting and added the minor parts and stores. Decals are from Xtradecal and a few stencils from the kit. I added the doppler set as a decal from Airfix's Buccaneer under the nose as well since this is seen on most British jets.

F-1114004.jpg

F-1114045.jpg

F-1114046.jpg

The new intakes are not too visible, more easily you notice the old intakes are missing. It does make the plane look sleeker though, especially with the wings back. I did the burner cans inside with aluminum foil as per the article by Yiannis Ladopoulos on ARC last week. Great idea. It took only a few minutes and looks great.

Aerial fit has been changed to be the same as the Tornado, twin blades either side on the spine and a single blade under the nose. For stores I added the kit drop tanks and the BOZ pod and decoy dispenser from the Airfix Tornado. The BOZ pod is not very accurate but so I replaced the scoop underneath with one a better size made from scrap rod, and rounded the nose off a bit. My original idea was to put this on the rear fuselage pylon but its actually too big so ended up on the wing as usual. I found a couple of Paragon flare launchers left over form the Tornado days but with the engine opening from the bottom I couldn't really find anywhere to put them so left them off.

Well its been a planed build for a long time and finally got done thanks to the spirit of the group build. Many thanks to Steve for organising the group build or this would still be in the box along with all the others.

Cheers

Colin W

Edited by Colin W

Thanks Guys. I agree it does look strangely familiar......

I'll wait until the sun shines and take some more pictures for the completed thread. It looks good parked next to the TSR2 but it needs a lot of space to take pictures of them side by side! I might even get the Vulcan out and we can have a real British Bomber line up!

Cheers

Colin

• 1 month later...

That looks great! I had a similar idea brewing in my mind but was thinking a Desert Storm type desert scheme. I also had no idea regarding the intakes, I guess I always thought they would be similar to the USAF version. I didn't know they'd be that different.

Would it be possible to get a good shot of the underside as finished?

• 3 weeks later...