• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These were taken by my father in the late 60's onboard RFA Sir Galahad while it was on the way down to Rockhampton, Australian from Kluang, Malaysia, he was in the REME with the AAC.

The first two are Army Air Corps Westland Scouts, the white skids are because they carried the Umpires during the exercise.

scoutontake-off.jpg

scoutwithslungload.jpg

These two Scouts were being off-loaded at Port Alma, Rockhampton.

scoutbeingliftedontodeck.jpg

scoutbeingunloaded.jpg

These two pictures were taken during the exercise, the first one is a Scout getting an engine change

scoutenginechange.jpg

This last one is of a AAC Sioux getting its rotor head and shaft removed

Siouxgettingitmastremovedforanengin.jpg

Edited by aircav
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought maybe I'd revive this thread with a few shots I've taken over the last couple months:

P1000413B.jpg

Aris S-58ET. Former H-34G. Supporting trials for Space Elevator Games at Edwards

P1000444.jpg

Sharp AS-350. Owned by Helo4Hire. Tug and trailer are painted the same color as the AStar

P1000477.jpg

Mediplane's Bell 407. Notice the ground air-conditioning cart

P1000476.jpg

This Bell 204 hasn't moved in at least 2 years

P1000543.jpg

Flight Research's Hughes 369HS (500C). Used to belong to Al Hansen, of Greenland B-29 recovery fame

P1000534.jpg

Flight Research's Sikorsky S-55. This is the old Orlando Helicopters demonstrator. Unusual in that it's an S-55A, but has the R-1300 engine, like an S-55C

P1000578S.jpg

P1000584.jpg

Northwest Helicopters' MD-530FF. Former Chilean Army H-193. Was supporting the climber cable for the Space Elevator Games at Edwards AFB last week. Replaced the Aris S-58T

Edited by EDWMatt

Nice shots!

I especially love the Aussie Black Hawk shots, Jeff (little bit biased?? lol). I got buzzed by one several times, coming over slow and verrry low into Enoggera Barracks today!

Tom

Edited by blackhawk7