Israeli Air Force F-16 question

What mods would be necessary to turn the Academy 1/32 F-16CJ into an IAF F-16. Can one be built straight out of the box, minus the decals? If not is there a conversion available. Wanting to build one obviously. Thanks in advance.

Jason Brown

What mods would be necessary to turn the Academy 1/32 F-16CJ into an IAF F-16. Can one be built straight out of the box, minus the decals? If not is there a conversion available. Wanting to build one obviously. Thanks in advance.

Jason Brown

IsraCast is reissuing their 1/32 F-16C Block 30/40 conversion kit soon. They will most likely reissue the 1/32 F-16C decals, too. I can ask my contcat at IsraCast/IsraDecal and find out for sure when.

I have a TAM F-16C that is awaiting the other conversion kit: 1/32 F-16C Block 40

Ron

I converted the Tamiya kit to an F-16C Block 40 using the Isracast kit, it is in the ARC gallery. Only real problem were the wheels, the conversion supplies the required bits but mine were too damaged to use. And someone on ARC of course noticed this right away :-)

Somthing to note that the conversion doesn't tell you is that the Israeli Block 40s have all-black cockpits.

Let me know if you require any reference material.

Marcel

I converted the Tamiya kit to an F-16C Block 40 using the Isracast kit, it is in the ARC gallery. Only real problem were the wheels, the conversion supplies the required bits but mine were too damaged to use. And someone on ARC of course noticed this right away :-)

Somthing to note that the conversion doesn't tell you is that the Israeli Block 40s have all-black cockpits.

Let me know if you require any reference material.

Marcel

I actually could use the reference material on the IAF F-16C Block 40. All black cockpit, huh? Sounds kinda cool looking. Thanks!

Also> Is it OK to use the wide-mouth intake for a F-16C Block 52 for, let's say, and HAF F-16c block 52?

Ron

I am no viper expert, but the December 1995 Finescale had an f-16C IAF conversion in 1/48. Now i know the CJ is more advanced which would mean backdating, but the conversion was relatively simple and scratchbuilt. Don't know if you are into the spine/CFTs and such but it looked like a standard F-16C with a longer parachute protrusion under the fin, and thus was relatively simple. i will throw it back to the Viper Experts now. :thumbsup:

Semper Fi,

Ben

Black cockpits would be due to the Night Vision Goggle system that the IAF uses. Their F-15I pits are the same way. Older jets delivered with gray pits tend to remain gray.

Edited by Jay Chladek

I actually could use the reference material on the IAF F-16C Block 40. All black cockpit, huh? Sounds kinda cool looking. Thanks!

Also> Is it OK to use the wide-mouth intake for a F-16C Block 52 for, let's say, and HAF F-16c block 52?

Ron

Israeli F-16C Block 40s have the wide mouth intake, so you'll be fine there.

Ron

just sent you a message requesting e-mail so i can send over the pics...

Ron

No, All F-16's with a Pratt Engine have the Small intake, except the Vista, and that intake was a custom build.

Curt

All black cockpit, huh? Sounds kinda cool looking. Thanks!

Ron

Hi Ron,

I personally don't like the black cockpits-you can hardly tell each feature from another.

The seats remain with grey frame+that green O2 bottle

Isaac

Hi Ron,

I personally don't like the black cockpits-you can hardly tell each feature from another.

The seats remain with grey frame+that green O2 bottle

Isaac

Thanks! I am still in need of that IsraCast F-16C Block 40 release.

Ok, black tub, gray seat. Got it!

I don't have my refs in front of me, but I think the floor is still grey too, not black.

I suspect it too,the book says black,but doesn't provide clear photos.

There's a glimpse of a side panel that looks grey.

Isaac

I don't have my refs in front of me, but I think the floor is still grey too, not black.

Correct Dave, the floor is Grey as are the rudder pedals, now on the early Blk 40's the sides (kick panels) were Grey, but now they are painted Black.

Seat rails are Black, seats are Grey, parachute pack/shoulder assembly are Black, and Black sheepskin.

Curt

I don't have my refs in front of me but IIRC the IADF Block 30s all had the beefed up gear & bulged main gear doors - but not the relocated landing lights.

Just read at the new IAF magazine-the F-16A/B are cleared to carry the Sidewinder

9M,all other types will follow.They are cheaper than the Python and can be carried on

several stations,while Python can't.

Isaac

Hoi,

I thought that all of the F-16D-30 for the IAF had the heavier gear and bulged doors while the F-16C-30's had the regular gear and some even had the small intakes still. Just going off of memory... for what ever that is worth lately.

later

Ruud

Hoi,

I thought that all of the F-16D-30 for the IAF had the heavier gear and bulged doors while the F-16C-30's had the regular gear and some even had the small intakes still. Just going off of memory... for what ever that is worth lately.

later

Ruud

You are correct.

See posts here for recent shots:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry1385838

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=152477

Isaac