Bf 109Ga-6 '319' Lt Av Bores Constantin 5 July 1952

Oh, I was always going to join. Just had other things in front of this in the build schedule. As it is, this one will be done during down time on other builds.

• 3 weeks later...

FineMolds 109s - what a great series of kits. They just fall together.

Painted, washed, pasteled the interior. Added some FineMolds PE seat belts.

Ga.jpg

Ga-1.jpg

Ga-2.jpg

Since taking these photos, the interior has been installed, the cowling pieces, and lower wing has been added to the fuselage. It should be ready to paint in a few days.

These FineMolds 109s almost just want to build themselves. The fit is just great. About the only thing needing attention is the fit of the canopy and it only need a little judicious trimming. I've replace the kit pitot tube with one turned from a bit of .4mm brass rod.

Ga-6-1.jpg

Ga-6-2.jpg

Ga-6-3.jpg

It's all painted with a mix of Mr Color white and #34 sky blue to approximate a faded AII blue. Actually there are about 4 different shades of blue here, all applied with thin glaze coats. Since these photos were taken this afternoon, it's had a dirty brown enamel wash and another blue glaze to repair where the thinners lifted paint. All in all, it's looking pretty ratty and better than I'd hoped. About 1/3 of the stickers have been applied.

Should be done in a day or so.

and done!

1-Ga-6.jpg

The bulges are resin and came with the RB Productions decals. Their fit is very good; only requiring trimming of a small mold blob on the underside. The instruction for the decals are very complete providing cprint and web reference citations. the decals themselves are superb in color, printing, and application. I hardily recommend RB Productions and wish to thank Radu Brinzan for providing such a quality product.

1-Ga-6-1.jpg

1-Ga-6-2.jpg

1-Ga-6-3.jpg

1-Ga-6-4.jpg

It turned out to be a very quick and easy project that yielded an unusual Messerschmitt to add to the collection.