Wolfpack 1/32 F-4EJ Kai 8th Sqn. 'Black Panther'

Hi Wolfpack,

The 1/32 flaps set would be Phantastic if released as a separate item for use on older 'hard wing' BLC-winged F-4C/Ds (or Js) too! They were applicable to all F-4B/C/D/J starting at around Block 28 in the F-4B production run AFAIK.

Cheers

Tony T

Hi Wolfpack,

The 1/32 flaps set would be Phantastic if released as a separate item for use on older 'hard wing' BLC-winged F-4C/Ds (or Js) too! They were applicable to all F-4B/C/D/J starting at around Block 28 in the F-4B production run AFAIK.

Cheers

Tony T

Yes, separate slats and flaps sets for F-4B/C/D/N and F-4J/early E in both scales, 1:32 and 1:48 would be nice and highly appreciated.

Greetings

Christian

Definitely so, and I meant Block 28 or so as depicted in this new set (early F-4Bs having all-the-way-across BLC flaps), before some nit-picker has a go at me! The very inboard LE wing had them fixed from that Block onwards).

Would give massive 'cred factor' to a lot of big F-4s under assembly to feature those leading/trailing edge BLC flaps!

Yes, separate slats and flaps sets for F-4B/C/D/N and F-4J/early E in.........1:32........ would be nice and highly appreciated.

Oooh, yes, yes, yes!

Jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 years later...

I can answer that one, no, not available. You can find some of the parts of the set on eBay from time to time. HobbyDecal appears to have gone under, so there decal/transfers set is rare. The Kai conversion set and the AA-3 missile set are out of production (though Wolfpack says "Sold out" on their site so who knows). The hard wing flap set is the one item still in production.

I got one of the original sets when they came out. Real nice, but sold it off as a package deal with a Tamiya F-4EJ and a bunch of other aftermarket. I was just looking at pics I took for that sale. Man, someone got a real deal.

P.S. Man, you are dating yourself, and me, with the reference to Ten Years After 👴

Edited by Mstor
48 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

LOL!  I think I may have been the recipient of that Wolfpack conversion with the F-4EJ kit.   It's still my "Grail" Phantom kit that will be the next Phantom I build.

I looked back at the e-mails from the sale and no, it wasn't you. Unless your name isn't really Scott Smith. Looking at the pics the package included (all 1/32 scale):

• Tamiya F-4EJ
  • Wolfpack F-4EJ Kai JASDF 8th Sqd. "Panthers" set
  • Black Box F-4EJ Cockpit
  • Aires F-4E Exhaust Nozzles
  • DMold Seamless Intakes
  • Cutting Edge High Speed Drop tanks
  • CAM Mk 7 ejection seats
  • Intake FOD covers of unknown brand (why, when I had seamless intakes, I don't know)
  • Zotz Pre 50th anniversary decals with resin parts
  • CAM Far East Phantom Decals
  • Aeromaster early F-4E stencil decals
  • 2 sets of KMC outboard pylons

Plus I think I included some extras that I don't remember. I was getting out of 1/32 scale (no room) and moving to 1/48. All in all enough stuff to make an interesting F-4EJ.

Edited by Mstor

Oh no, not me then.  I did a search through my email as well and cannot find who I got it from.  But my deal was the Panthers set from Wolfpack with decals and the Tamiya kit. Got it all for less that what the F-4EJ kit sold for new.

I've devoted this year to building WWII and props.  I'll start back next year with jets.  This one might be the first up!

I've got the Hasegawa 1/48 version of the 8th Sqd. Panthers Kai. It's on my short list of kits to do (as opposed to the long list that should take me beyond my passing 😉 ) I've wanted to do one for years, needless to say.