1/32 Block 30 Aggressor Viper

the idea to rework your pilot is great, but wasn't it more interesting to add him a face part coming from another figure ?

eyes looks like hole, maybe it could be seen when your vizor should be in place ?

David....your idea of writing on the Tamiya notice is fantastic !!

ooooohhh...the Eagle book is coming........have to make place in my library......!!

Pat

Jake, your work looks sweet so far!

I'm psyching myself up to try Guy's visor technique in 1/48th...................

Also,I'm REALLY looking forwards to the 'Eagle' guide! :woot.gif:

-Dave

eyes looks like hole, maybe it could be seen when your vizor should be in place ?

Oh, absolutely, Pat. Without the visor, it looks ridiculous. With the tinted visor in place, though, it is much better, and the eye holes all but disappear.

Thanks again, boys!

Jake

Thanks for the enthusiasm, fellas. I greatly appreciate it! :cheers:

Moving along to my little driver, I have managed to complete his oxygen hose assembly. Thanks again to Guy for sending me a few lines to work with. Amazing stuff, if a bit challenging to bend. I've also managed to get his visor done, but am not happy with it. I've begun work on a replacement. It's too translucent, lacking a strong enough yellow tint.

All that is left is some dry-brushing and a wash and this guy will be put into his jet. His arms will join him later.

Jake

build17.jpg

build16.jpg

build15.jpg

build18.jpg

Wooooow awesome stuff there!

I love the map on the left leg and also the way the oxygen hose came out!!!beautiful for reaaaal!!!

and the helmet is great...and the belts,great great...everything is really reallt nice!!!

Cheers and keep it up!

:)

Man, everything about the pilot looks great except for his eyes. He kind of has the Daddy Warbucks look. I don't know, it might be the magnification from the photograph. I'm sure it looks better when seen in person and in scale.

Your pilot looks great. It gave me an idea I want to try sometime. Take a 54mm or 1/35 scale head the armor guys use, hollow out the helmet so the head will fit, them hang the mask from one side, like all the cool fighter jocks do.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Yes, the eyes look, well, a bit creepy as Richard pointed out! :nanner: As of now, I've lopped his head back off and have re-painted the face. He looks much better now. The visor still has not turned out how I envisioned. I just can't seem to get it the right shade of yellow that I'm after. :) I've stolen Guy's idea for this pilot and his visor; I just wish I could steal his talents!

Thanks again, gents.

Jake

k. I don't know, it might be the magnification from the photograph. I'm sure it looks better when seen in person and in scale.

Nope. Looks just as bad in person!!

:)

Jake

as for the yellow jake, just get loads of mixing pots (or just lay out some tin foil) and mix some different shades of the yellow, then paint bits on some clear sprue untill you get the shade you want.

good luck! :thumbsup:

Richard

A small update today. Block 30/32 and earlier machines have slightly different LEFs than the Block 40/42 and later. Early jets have only two "fingers" at the inboard hinge point, whereas later jets have three. A simple fix is to remove the outboard finger from the LEF, and fill the finger slot on the wing. Tamiya missed this with the Thunderbirds release, so it'll need done with either kit if an earlier Block is to be built.

Don't forget to glue the LEFs up at 2 degrees.

Jake

build19.jpg

build20.jpg

Edited by jmel