Hey gents!

First of all I'm sorry for not posting any pictures, my girlfriend have my digital camera right now.

I receive today my F-111C (I think it's the same mold as the A version), I will try to complete the kit with a BB cockpit and Squadron vacuform canopies.

I want to make a gray scheme...but I don't know where to start looking for some aftermarket decals for the kit, could you please give me a hand with this? two bobs has a decal kit, but they don't mention the color of the aircraft :taunt:

I hope to post some pictures this week!

Hey gents!

First of all I'm sorry for not posting any pictures, my girlfriend have my digital camera right now.

I receive today my F-111C (I think it's the same mold as the A version), I will try to complete the kit with a BB cockpit and Squadron vacuform canopies.

I want to make a gray scheme...but I don't know where to start looking for some aftermarket decals for the kit, could you please give me a hand with this? two bobs has a decal kit, but they don't mention the color of the aircraft :thumbsup:

I hope to post some pictures this week!

Gidday Mate!

As an Aussie I can point you in the right direction here. If you want aftermarket decals with paint colours look no further than the attached site (below)

http://www.aussiedecals.com.au/index.html

These guys have a wide variety of tail markings for your 'Pig'

RAAF F111Cs and Gs in the grey are actually Gunship grey FS36118.

If you are also after some good aftermarket accessories take a look at Scaledown on the F111.net website.

HTH

Cheers

Andrew :thumbsup:

Gidday Mate!

As an Aussie I can point you in the right direction here. If you want aftermarket decals with paint colours look no further than the attached site (below)

http://www.aussiedecals.com.au/index.html

These guys have a wide variety of tail markings for your 'Pig'

RAAF F111Cs and Gs in the grey are actually Gunship grey FS36118.

If you are also after some good aftermarket accessories take a look at Scaledown on the F111.net website.

HTH

Cheers

Andrew :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for the info!!!

I sent an email to aussie decals, they sent me a ebay vendor.

Do you know if their tail art decal sheet provides you with stencils? or it is just the tail art?

Thanks again!

ohh! I saw the aftermarket too, but it is a little expensive for me right now :cheers:

Thanks a lot for the info!!!

I sent an email to aussie decals, they sent me a ebay vendor.

Do you know if their tail art decal sheet provides you with stencils? or it is just the tail art?

Thanks again!

ohh! I saw the aftermarket too, but it is a little expensive for me right now :coolio:

Gidday Mate,

If it's the Novascale sheets you are seeing on eBay, basically they are the eBay shop of Aussie Decals but by perusing their (Aussie Decal) website you can see what is available. Basically, you will need two sheets. There is a basic stencil sheet which does have the 1 and 6 Squadron lightning bolts with the walkways, ejection triangles etc, however, if you want specific tail trophy art ie the Boneyard Wrangler, 25 years RAAF service, 60th Anniversary 6 Squadron, Red Flag etc you will need to purchase these separately, as there are separate decal sheets and a/c serial numbers.

I have attached a link for you (below) to have a look at which has different F111 a/c on it also. Go into Series 3 aircraft in the tool bars and then chose serial A8- F111. You can then scroll down and where there is blue writing you can view various images of Aussie Pigs. May I also suggest that if you do your F111 as a C model be aware that the Boneyard Wrangler and 60th Anniversary schemes are actually for a G model which has some very distinguishable differences to the C model ie. intakes, avionics, nose and pylons.

I hope this helps somewhat. If you need any further assistance I will only be to happy to help.

http://www.adf-serials.com/

Regards

Andrew

I have some postings of three Pigs I have built in the inspiration page of this build if you want to have a look. My wife's cousin also has a very nice C model on a stand in there too which is worth a look if you haven't already done so.