• 2 weeks later...
Here are a few shots of USCG Air Station Traverse City's HH-65A Dolphin, prior to getting their Charlie models.....

Alby,

TC's birds were -65B's, anyway, here's a couple pics of said Charlie models (taken at the '07 Chicago air and water show)

-Nick

1188758377_10caaa1a57_b.jpg

1189624098_70762150bb_b.jpg

1188876281_be63b10d54_b.jpg

and me, waiting for the helo to make thier grand entrance at the show...

1188767105_e6c0d4bb48.jpg

Irish Coast Guard Sikorsky S-61N is put through its paces at the 2007 Salthill Airshow in Galway. CHC Ireland operate the S-61N from four bases around the Irish coast on SAR duties. EI-GCE is in the new colours applied to most of the fleet in 2007. Maxdecals have markings for the older Irish Coastguard schemes and there is rumoured to be a complete resin 1/72 S-61N due for release this year.

IMG_0269.jpg

Copyright; Loach Driver.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sikorsky S-61N EI-SAR was doing some winch training with a RIB in Galway Bay, Ireland on Sunday and I managed to get a few photos. It made a low pass along the Salthill Promenade at one point and winched three or four times from the RIB before heading back to Shannon Airport.

IMG_0583.jpg

Here she is starting her low run along the prom.

IMG_0586.jpg

S-61N EI-SAR is unique in that it is the only one built in Japan by Mitsubishi Industries. Mitsubishi was already building the S-61 for the JMSDF and was going to build the S-61N under licence. In the end there wasn't a big enough demand for the helicopter in Asia so this is the only Japanese one built.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

If you look closely at the winch you can see it has second, spare, winch clamped on to the body of the first. This is the first time I've seen this on an Irish Coastguard Sikorsky.

IMG_0595.jpg

I hit the wrong button on my camera and managed to get a black and white photo. It's a poor shot but you can just see the winchman suspended under the helicopter.

LD.

Edited by Loach Driver
  • 4 weeks later...