WIP-Aussie A-10A 'Razorback'

Having worked a little more on the cockpit (although hard to tell), I have also added the weapons and touched up a couple of bits. I'm just at the point now where I can do some weathering and hopefully have it finished some time next week. I hope you like.

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

P.S. For those that aren't aware the F111 in Australia is called a 'Pig' as apposed to Aardvark so I thought 'Razorback' would again be more appropriate as the Aussie equivilent of Wart Hog.

Regards

Andrew

Looking very impressive! Keep it up as it looks like you're almost there Andrew.

Cheers,

It got a panel line wash last night which needs to be cleaned up then it's just about done.

Regards

Andrew :bandhead2:

Wow!! That's freaking cool! The A-10 looks awesome in that camouflage. Great job on the markings too. I'm guessing they came from an F-111? Did you make any modifications to the airframe for Australian service?

Chris

Wow!! That's freaking cool! The A-10 looks awesome in that camouflage. Great job on the markings too. I'm guessing they came from an F-111? Did you make any modifications to the airframe for Australian service?

Chris

Gidday Chris,

Firstly thanks for your comments. You are correct the colours are the old RAAF F111C camo markings modified to suit the A10 (as is the 6 Squadron F111 tail art). The only mods I made to the fuselage was the ECM(?) sensors on the rear of the tail. I lost one to the carpet monster so I had to centre the other one. Other than the Eduard cockpit enhancement P/E the model is OOB. I figured weapon wise, if the RAAF were to ever have them they'd be using the same equipment as the USAF/Marines so fitted the kit weapons. I was going to use some low drag bombs but I need them for my replacement F111 build that I will be starting after I finish my Vicpol Dauphin.

Regards

Andrew :whistle: