Qatari 1:48 Mirage F1

• 2 weeks later...

Benner,

great job on the F-1, I'm also working on a QEAF aircraft. I'm building a Hawker Hunter, problem is I cannot find any decal sets that include the black flag emblem on the tail, guess I'll have to fabricate that from scratch. I'm a glutton for punishment, I also have a Mirage F-1, Alpha Jet, and a Mirage 2000 to complete in the QEAF sceme. I work on a Qatari Air Force base, building the Hunter for one of their officers. I was getting bored with this project, but seeing your completed Mirage has given the project a second wind, thanks. I would upload a pic in progress but apparently there is an admin issue or something.

Benner,

great job on the F-1, I'm also working on a QEAF aircraft. I'm building a Hawker Hunter, problem is I cannot find any decal sets that include the black flag emblem on the tail, guess I'll have to fabricate that from scratch. I'm a glutton for punishment, I also have a Mirage F-1, Alpha Jet, and a Mirage 2000 to complete in the QEAF sceme. I work on a Qatari Air Force base, building the Hunter for one of their officers. I was getting bored with this project, but seeing your completed Mirage has given the project a second wind, thanks. I would upload a pic in progress but apparently there is an admin issue or something.

what scale are you building? The only sheet I've seen the black flag is the Carpena Mirage F1 sheet which I used. The problem is the red is way off for the roundels and the black flag. I contemplated building an Qatari Alpha Jet too because I like the colors so much; I still have extra Qatari roundel decals to use for it if I ever do build one.

About pics, this forum does not allow pictures to be uploaded. You have to upload to a image sharing website, such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com , and then link them in the forum post(s). I'd be interested to see your in-progress build.

.. and thanks for the compliments guys :tease:

I am building them in 1/48 scale, already have the Zots Roundels of the world series that includes the roundels for Qatar. The colors seem to match a little better with the Zots but the size is a little small for the scale. I will probably make my own using Corel Draw, already have decal paper. I will check out one of the image sharing sites and see if I can get some pics posted.

what scale are you building? The only sheet I've seen the black flag is the Carpena Mirage F1 sheet which I used. The problem is the red is way off for the roundels and the black flag. I contemplated building an Qatari Alpha Jet too because I like the colors so much; I still have extra Qatari roundel decals to use for it if I ever do build one.

About pics, this forum does not allow pictures to be uploaded. You have to upload to a image sharing website, such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com , and then link them in the forum post(s). I'd be interested to see your in-progress build.

.. and thanks for the compliments guys :cheers: