Qatari 1:48 Mirage F1

• 2 weeks later...
please send more pics...you're sending just a bit to feed our appetite of your superb mirage!!!!

nah, I'll post pics when it's officially done ...

whoa!!! what a lovely paint job!!! where did you get the extra wing tanks?

actually, I don't have an extra wing tank. I'm trying to acquire another Italeri Mirage F1 for the fuel tank. That is the only thing hindering me from finishing this build.

nah, I'll post pics when it's officially done ...

actually, I don't have an extra wing tank. I'm trying to acquire another Italeri Mirage F1 for the fuel tank. That is the only thing hindering me from finishing this build.

Mate,

I think you dont have to buy another overpriced Italeri Mirage F1 kit just to get another fuel tank. From my observation, wing tanks from Eduard/Hobbyboss MIrage IIIC/CJ was same as wing tanks from Mirage F.1.

Go and check your Eduard/Hobbyboss MIrage IIIC/CJ kit now! Plus, if you use the standard wing tanks from these kit for Mirage F1, you still left with 2x supersonic wing tanks for your MIrage IIIC/CJ!

here some sprue shot of this tanks from Mirage IIIC/CJ kit

From Eduard Mirage IIIC/CJ kit

eduardweaponsspruesmm4.jpg

From HobbyBoss Mirage IIIC/CJ kit

0630qv8.jpg

Good luck & Happy hunting!

I think you dont have to buy another overpriced Italeri Mirage F1 kit just to get another fuel tank. From my observation, wing tanks from Eduard/Hobbyboss MIrage IIIC/CJ was same as wing tanks from Mirage F.1.

Go and check your Eduard/Hobbyboss MIrage IIIC/CJ kit now! Plus, if you use the standard wing tanks from these kit for Mirage F1, you still left with 2x supersonic wing tanks for your MIrage IIIC/CJ!

Hmm.... to me it seems like those fuel tanks are different, the Italeri kit fuel tanks get bigger at the front. See the pic below from another thread ..

f1kittankseo2.jpg

the top tank is the Italeri kit one.

Besides, since I already painted and glued one tank on, I should use the same one again instead of one that may potentially be different. ... and I don't have a Hobbyboss Mirage III; thanks for the suggestions though, your thoughts are appreciated.

French jaguar A/E's I belive share the same tanks, so if you have a heller jag, there might be one in there.

that's true, I did have a Heller Jaguar A .. but the angle and shape of the fins are different. I tried to modify it, but my scratch building skills are definitely not pro ... let's just say I gave up ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm calling it done at this point, there's a few mistakes I've realized but I can't be bothered to fix them.

some changes since the last pic: I removed the carpena roundels as the red was too red, and used new ones courtesy of Breadboard and painted the yellow/brown part of the roundel. The Remora ECM pod was scratchbuilt, it's close enough for me :)

forgive my usual crap pic quality :)

22375536qh7.jpg

52537368qk8.jpg

3.jpg

.. on to the Tomcat

Edited by Benner