Im not 100% sure but I though CanMilAir does this scheme. His decal list is currently disabled while he rearrages his catalogue, wmburns here is the proprietor of CanMilair, send him a PM, his decals are top notch, and service second to none.

I don't think Bill haas done that one.....I would have bought it by now if he had unless its a very new releaase.

No, it was Crank doing work-ups for last year. Gave me a 1 on 1 performance, I was the only one watching at the viewing area anyway.

Going back to Cold Lake tommorrow for a full tour of Maple Flag 2008. We get to go into the briefings as well. I am PUMPED !!

Then back on the weekend for the Open House.

Dan

• 1 month later...

This one's from the Prairie Air Show this April. Kind of a mix of hornets- intake covers were from one squadron, pilot from another, plane from a different squadron than either of those. :salute:

Pilot's name was Guibat. I want to say his first name was Adam. He was great, and I emailed him the photo after I got home from the show.

Apr2008046.jpg

• 1 month later...
Note that in the above pics they have the 'Fat' pylons on Stn 8 (right outboard). They are like standard pylons, a section is just a little wider and they carry ECM.

Jari

I guess these two don't have 'em.

cf188_3.jpg

cf188_4.jpg

Out

The Fat pylon can fit on any wing station since it is a regular pylon, just a little fatter but o/b stations seems to be the standard position. Only 1 is normally carried as they only bought enough for each a/c. Although a few years back one a/c went down and it had 3 Fat pylons and 1 regular pylon so the brass wasn't happy about that. Another point about the Fat pylons, they have a panel on the front edge of the pylon and another at the back.

Colin, what in particular do you want to know about the back of the pylons?

Jari

Cool photo Josh. Actually, yes, the pilots first name is Adam. I am actually waiting for him to get back to me on who to contact at 425 Sqn to see if I can score a ballcap. Looking at your photo, it also looks like this jet has the JHMCS sensor on the canopy. Do you have any side views of this jet at all?

I took a bunch of photos of that jet- let me see what pics I have. PM me, and I'll email them to you.

jb

I was watching a rerun of Jetstream the other day on Discovery HD. It's the 3rd episode I believe, the one when they get thier call signs. I noticed a couple of interesting mission markings. One was on 188761 which consisted of 2 stencils of ejection seats with parachutes over them, I know the story on that one. But the other one really has me wondering, I didnt catch the airframe number, but it was a single seater... with stencils of 3 palm trees with "X" over the trunks... Anyone know which Hornet that is and what is the story behind it?

719 had 3 palm tree symbols on it as this jet had run-in's with palm trees on landing while deployed to Yuma Arizona......pilot simply came in too low....oh, and he got a new callsign as well...."Bush". When you look at photos of 719 as the Demo jet, you can see where they oversprayed the palm tree symboles just below the LEX.

Ah ok, I figured it was something like that.

"Bush" eh... thats a good call sign, almost as good as "Bobbit"