LANCASTER NX611 'JUST JANE' [ PIC'S ]

hi you fellow yanks :thumbsup:

i went to EAST KIRKBY again to watch 'just jane' on bank holiday monday, i've been there 14 times now and i still never tire of that place i just love the sound of her fire up and a sense of loss when you walk around, if anyone goes there don't forget to walk all the way around the outside of centre and read all the plaques which tell you of local bomber/ground crew who where killed, very moving to read all of them and also say a little prayer/thoughts in their memorial chapel which honours 57 and 630 sqd' very peaceful but a sense of sadness lies in that chapel

i just wish they would relocate the chicken sheds somewhere else ! the wind was blowing straight into the centre and so was the smell :woo: even my cloth's melt of chicken poo

these are my own pictures and if anyone wants to save them for other purposes they are more than welcome to so :woot.gif:

enjoy.....

jhfss001zo8.jpg

jhfss003jt1.jpg

jhfss002tq3.jpg

jhfss005ld1.jpg

jhfss006sf6.jpg

jhfss010vy3.jpg

the old watch tower, watch's in on her again.

jhfss016dg8.jpg

jhfss018xw2.jpg

she now taxi's right onto the grass, unlike her previous times when she went as far as the concrete hard standing.

jhfss020zt1.jpg

'just jane' coming back to us after her second start up :hypnotised:

jhfss022el9.jpg

jhfss008mp7.jpg

one of the many plaques on the grounds, this one just happens to be my next lancaster project DX-P.

jhfss009ib3.jpg

the chapel [note the lonely wife]

jhfss033do6.jpg

jhfss032uk7.jpg

jhfss012kn4.jpg

jhfss015am9.jpg

jhfss026kk3.jpg

not the same as the other picture !

jhfss004rs8.jpg

found this old bomb bay door, while i was walking around, right in the corner of the centre, near the old unloved fire tenders, i thought hhmmmm i wounder if it will fit in my boot :analintruder:

jhfss023ju9.jpg

j/jane under her own power again :thumbsup:

thanks for looking any comments welcome.

Edited by ian lanc
  • 1 month later...

Here are some more pics of Just Jane, taken on a recent visit. These pics were took by my friends 12 year old son. I think its really great that they let him climb all over the Lanc, a real learning experience.

EastKirkby001.jpg

Eastkirkby002.jpg

Eastkirkby003.jpg

Eastkirkby004.jpg

Eastkirkby005.jpg

Eastkirkby006.jpg

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
  • 10 months later...
Like the angles you took the pics from Julien.

Not me but my mates 12 year old! hes not bad, he is the lad in the pics. He was thrilled to bits they let him in like that, really good of them and it brings the history to life 1000% more than just seeing one in a museum

Julien