New Revell F-16 blk50/52

Have they left the factory? Does anyone have any idea? What is the ETA?

The Revell 1/72 F-16C Blk. 50/52 is a discontinued item. Don't ask me why, but it disappeared from the catalogue last year.

The Revell 1/72 F-16C Blk. 50/52 is a discontinued item. Don't ask me why, but it disappeared from the catalogue last year.

Well, that's nothing new - Revell kits are regularly in and out of production.

Considering the sales potential, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't repopped with a new decal sheet in the future like their Tornado, Phantom and other F-16 kits in 1/72nd.

Cheers,

Andre

Hoi Eric,

Greatmodels still lists one Revell AG F-16 boxing as in stock...

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/...em_num=REV04363

Now whether it actually is in stock is another question.

Note this is not the CJ kit that gives you all the options for lots of different Viper versions. IIRC, you are pretty much limited to a F-16A with this kit. The up side is the decal sheet.

later

Ruud

Edited by Ruud
Here this one:

http://www.rollmodels.net/ninbox/airplanes...72revf16aaa.php

You have 8! Ok now I'm ******. :)

Ooooold review - it was written just under five years ago (the anniversary's coming up in two weeks, actually...), and published at Roll Models just over four years ago - May 7, 2004. There have been three (four?) new boxings of the kit since then, each going in and out of production.

And FWIW, the A and B versions of the kit are in stock and on sale at Luckymodel.

It's a good and popular model - but they need to release an F.16D now with the spine!

back on topic, I'm sure it will be along in a year or two with a new decal sheet - there's too much potential there for RoG and R-M not to repopo it soon...

(a man's gotta dream...)

Cheers!

<...> And FWIW, the A and B versions of the kit are in stock and on sale at Luckymodel.

The "Spitfire" A and B are still readily available. The "50 Years of NATO" is already OOP, which is kinda sad, since that is the A with the clear canopy. The "Spitfire" A only has the tinted canopy.

EDIT: LuckyModel's Revell Vipers are way cheaper than here! :o Even with shipping to Germany they're still about 3 USD cheaper!

Edited by ChernayaAkula

No there was a recent topic on this forum that gave me the impression that Revell was going to release it again soon. I can't find it because the forum search is lousy. Eh, don't worry about it Halibut, I'll just stick to 3rd rate models.

I doubt it that RoG will be issuing a Block 60. According to an interview with some official of the company, they are considering only models which the general public will buy. Like there is a big chance that anybody who builds a Boeing 737 or an Airbus in Germany flew with either with Ryan Air, Air Berlin or Lufthansa. And all of the sudden you have 3 issues of the same kit with exatly those decals. RoG does not have a single 1/72 USAF F-4 in their current catalogue. Both kits they released are all German Airforce, the same goes for the new mold Tornado, with the RAF jet an exemption, but that was the starter for all subsequent releases.

The F-16 is the most flown aircraft in central Europe, so this is why Belgian, Dutch and Spangdahlem Vipers get released. What I think will happen, is that they will release a normal Block 25/30/32. A Block 60 is just not mainstream enough.

Just my thoughts...

Edited by Lancer512
I doubt it that RoG will be issuing a Block 60. According to an interview with some official of the company, they are considering only models which the general public will buy. Like there is a big chance that anybody who builds a Boeing 737 or an Airbus in Germany flew with either with Ryan Air, Air Berlin or Lufthansa. And all of the sudden you have 3 issues of the same kit with exatly those decals. RoG does not have a single 1/72 USAF F-4 in their current catalogue. Both kits they released are all German Airforce, the same goes for the new mold Tornado, with the RAF jet an exemption, but that was the starter for all subsequent releases.

The F-16 is the most flown aircraft in central Europe, so this is why Belgian, Dutch and Spangdahlem Vipers get released. What I think will happen, is that they will release a normal Block 25/30/32. A Block 60 is just not mainstream enough.

Just my thoughts...

So pretty much their focus is the German market, sometimes the EU and the rest of the world can go screw themselves. Brilliant. Sounds like they need to get out of their fuzzy German caves a little more.

So how many times have the geniuses released a block 50/52 F-16? Can't find them anywhere because it sold out everywhere. Let me get this straight. Revell Germany offers a superior product that sells out every time it's released. So they decide to OOP a superior product that sells out?! Sounds like a winning formula. I'll keep this in mind next time I have a choice between Revell Germany and their competitors.

So pretty much their focus is the German market, sometimes the EU and the rest of the world can go screw themselves. Brilliant. Sounds like they need to get out of their fuzzy German caves a little more.<...>

Well, in most cases that is a sound business practice. In case of the Block 50/52 Vipers, though, you're right. Every year they release the same crappy old WWI kits that sit like lead on the shelves. Or re-release oddities like Zvezda's Ka-58 Black Ghost. But a really god kit like this one gets one release. Although I'd say it's safe to say they will get re-released.

Block 60? Don't think so. As Lancer said, just not enough mass market appeal.

Revell already released an A, B and C so the D can´t be that far away. With decals for a Spangdahlem machine, as well as a Polish, Greek and/or Turkish machine?

But sometimes modelkit companies are just like politicians, you never know what their next step will be.....

Revell already released an A, B and C so the D can´t be that far away. With decals for a Spangdahlem machine, as well as a Polish, Greek and/or Turkish machine?

But sometimes modelkit companies are just like politicians, you never know what their next step will be.....

yes it would be a nice to see F-16D with CFTs and spine....they must just put one new sprue and combined with other trees make new versions! Guys in Revell hear us preys!! :salute::coolio::pray::pray:

Hoi,

A RofG Block 60 may be out of the question (or a B-60 by another mainstream company for that matter) but one would think that a B-52+ would not be, with Poland and Greece both flying them. Even if RofG won't, some one will. See what Kinetic is doing in 1/48th... I'll just wait to see what comes out, i have enough kits (even Viper kits) to keep me building for quite a while.

later

Ruud

So pretty much their focus is the German market, sometimes the EU and the rest of the world can go screw themselves. Brilliant. Sounds like they need to get out of their fuzzy German caves a little more.

Hehehe...have you got a passport son?.:salute: Not the most productive argument - look at Monogram's releases when they were independent. Few non-american subjects, and those that were, were hardly their finest hour. How do you like it with the boot on the other foot?

Revell know they have a great seller on their hands, but just because the product is discontinued doesn't mean it's out for good. I'd be very surprised if they're not planning further releases when their stock of decals and instructions for the Block 50/52 kit has run out. Considering there is only one user of the Block 60 so far, and the differences between the Block 60 and all other variants are so great, I think the aftermarket companies will have to do that one, unless you go with Kinetic. Revell have kept issuing the F-16A with decal variations, but they have also blanked off parts in the mould that limits what you can do with the kit (large/small stabs, old, new gun blast panel) on the A as well as the B, and that I find a bit cheap. The tools must have been paid for many times over, and not giving modellers these "freebies" limits the choice and makes for a poorer overall product in my view.

Jens

Hehehe...have you got a passport son?.:worship: Not the most productive argument - look at Monogram's releases when they were independent. Few non-american subjects, and those that were, were hardly their finest hour. How do you like it with the boot on the other foot?

Yeah I worked in Europe for many years. My passport has a work Visa in it. Spent some time in Reading UK at British Gas, that place was a turd bucket. Have you ever been to Barcelona? You know Gaudi and Las Ramblas. That was my base city. My apartment was at Ausias Marc 17 6-6a, two blocks from Plaza Catalunya. Have you ever been to San Sebastian in the Basque region, the culinary capital of Spain? There is a lovely restarurant there called Arzak. Yeah, good food, they have a 3 star Michelin rating, not bad. Cheers!

I don't care what Monogram pumped out, never bought their kits. Where are they now?