New Revell F-16 blk50/52

What's interesting is I don't see any of these kits on ebay. Never knew about the Monogram rebox.

It depends how you do your search on Ebay. I am sure it is not availale on Ebay US, but the Block50/52 can be regularly found on Ebay in germany, but it goes for as twice the retail price. I always double check Ebay UK when I am looking for something that is not on Ebay in Germany. That got me quite a few bargains.

The "Spitfire" A and B are still readily available. The "50 Years of NATO" is already OOP, which is kinda sad, since that is the A with the clear canopy. The "Spitfire" A only has the tinted canopy.

Not entirely true - late boxings of the Nato 50th and Monogram 50/52 had tinted sprues. Not sure when it happened, but I have copies of each kit, both ways. In fact, I *think* my 'tinted' Nato 50th kit had both clear and tinted clear parts sprues.

Tornado kits... the Gr.1 was, I *think* (again), the last version released. Black Thunder and Spirit of Boelcke came first, then I'm pretty sure it was the ECR, followed by the Gr.1 - though it *may* have been Gr.1 followed by the ECR; they both hit locally pretty close to one another. Frankly, I'm more disappointed that they haven't done a Luftmarine or early Luftwaffe kit than their lack of other British or Saudi boxings.

So pretty much their focus is the German market, sometimes the EU and the rest of the world can go screw themselves. Brilliant. Sounds like they need to get out of their fuzzy German caves a little more.

Yep. How dare they do what they feel is best for their business. Next thing you know, Hasegawa will start releasing JASDF subjects, and USAF/USN subjects based out of Japan...

Not entirely true - late boxings of the Nato 50th and Monogram 50/52 had tinted sprues. Not sure when it happened, but I have copies of each kit, both ways. In fact, I *think* my 'tinted' Nato 50th kit had both clear and tinted clear parts sprues.

Oh, that's interesting. First time I hear that. Thinking about it, I seem to recall the Block 50/52 kits I bought in Germany all had the clear canopy, while the two I got from Dave Roof (also in RoG boxes) had the tinted sprue.

Both options would be nice. The yellow canopy does look convincing for some operators, but hardly for all.

No no, don't even go there. Hasegawas has definitely crawled out of their tiki torch cave. They're at least 50/50.

Are you serious? Or is this more "tongue-in-cheek"? Revell of Germany is, as the name implies, a German company, with it's products aimed mainly at the German market in particular and the European market in general. So they'll release stuff that will sell well in those markets. Since they're still around, this policy has obviously paid off for them. That's their niche.

If the US isn't getting enough RoG kits that's hardly RoG's fault. I highly doubt they sit at a conference table, saying: "Nah, the US will only get a thousand of those kits. Can't have them buying too much of our stuff, now, can we?" The fault is much more likely with the importer, who ordered too few.