Yes it is a Corsair - I forget which museum though - I'll have to go back and look. I took that walkaround before the NMMC opened. Good job!

It was in the Pensacola Naval Aviaiton Museum... There are actually three Corsairs in the NMMC.

OK my turn again? I'd hate to take cuts...

I'll post an easy one 'cause it's bed time...

s.jpg

Here's a hint...

Hint.jpg

stumper....Im assuming it flew in WWII....and I know its a light plane...but its not a piper cub and its not a stearman or a norseman...so I think im just going to sit back and see what the others think.

sean

stumper....Im assuming it flew in WWII....and I know its a light plane...but its not a piper cub and its not a stearman or a norseman...so I think im just going to sit back and see what the others think.

sean

OY give up now - UR so close

Grasshopper? I forget the official designation..

Ric

Ahhh - very good grasshopper. Also "Maytag Messerscmitt" - Consolidated/Stinson Sentinel OY-1 or L-5. Here is another pictures of the tailwheel in context:

hint2.jpg

Here's another picture of it:

STINSONL-5THAIRDS-007S.jpg

Edited by SuperCobra
Where is that SBD displayed?

This one was in a quonset hut at the Quantico Air Ground Museum many years ago. I never noticed if it got moved to the new National Museum of the Marine Corps. I can look for it or ask about it. I've got another walkaround of one at the San Diego Aerospace Museum.