The Modern Eagle Guide

the 20% pre-order discount will be applied to all of my existing customers who have already ordered two or more books

Now you're talking!!! :thumbsup: You're Tha Man Jake, now I'm going to place my order ASAP and you can expect my email in your mailbox in a few minutes! THANKS A LOT!

Now that I thought about it more, while I still think it is only fair to offer the discount to both new and existing customers, I'm afraid it may seriously impact profitability of your business. That's because I cannot imagine how anyone who has bought any one of your Guides wouldn't order all the others as well :salute:

Cheers,

Pawel

Jake,

tried to email about a preorder of 4 of your Eagle books, but didn´t get through. Your mailbox seems to be full. :lol:

Regards,

Joerg

Jake,

tried to email about a preorder of 4 of your Eagle books, but didn´t get through. Your mailbox seems to be full. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Joerg

Shouldn't be full. Try jjmelampy (at) go-concepts.com or jakemelampy (at) reidairpublishing.com

Jake

Definitely going to be another add on collection for me after "The Modern Viper Guide"!

Stealth

Thanks!

Looks like another good book there Jake. And I think you did the right thing with Pawel and reconsidered your discount policy for existing customers.

Thanks, Richard. I think so, too.

Jake,

Will this book cover Desert Storm era planes, as well as OIF????

Yes. Pre-MSIP right up through modern jets are covered.

Jake

Jake -

I'd like to order the A-10, F-16, and F-15 guides, but the email link on your web site bounced as undeliverable to me. Can you either update it, or email me back from here? jrh@pemtel.net

Thanks!

J

I'm really excited about this book. The funny thing is, I don't even really like Eagles that much! I think the reason is I already knew quite a bit about the Hog and the Viper, and still gained a lot and really enjoyed those two books, so I will get that much more out of the Eagle book. Great work so far Jake, you'll be getting an email from me soon too. And I appreciate the change in policy, although I hope it doesn't hurt your profitability too much! Keep up the good work.

Maybe someday you might think about doing a Super Hornet book. Nobody's really covered that in detail before, plus since that's more or less all you'll see on carriers in the next few years, I'm sure there'd be a pretty wide audience!

Edited by thetoe17
Some really cool stuff. The very next release will be The Viper Story, Part II: Test & Training F-16s. After that, I'll be taking a break to get some books out written by other authors. Look for 2 F-14 books, an F-117, F-16, F-18, AV-8, and probably something on the F-4, all in 2009.

Jake

Great news Jake

I will sure order the Modern Eagle guide as I did for the Viper, Hog ant Viper Story part one..

But had not I heard about a "modern guide" book about an airplane with the word "Super" in its name a few months ago. I am really looking forward to this one. The "Super.." is growing on many of us Tomcat lovers and the airplanes starts to be upgraded while published information still is sparse and quite dated.

This said, count me in for any of your books and the ones you mentionned above.. Congratulations for your series of books

Cheers

Eric B.

I'd like to order the A-10, F-16, and F-15 guides, but the email link on your web site bounced as undeliverable to me. Can you either update it, or email me back from here?

They actually are getting through. I've had about 30 people say the same thing, but I'm getting the e-mails each time. I can't imagine why you are getting a message back. I'll try to figure that out today.

But had not I heard about a "modern guide" book about an airplane with the word "Super" in its name a few months ago.

That's definitely a jet I intend to do. I just keep getting sidetracked by new projects.

Thanks again, fellas. The support and enthusiasm means a lot to me!

Jake

Considering how awesome the Modern Viper Guide is,and the fact I've got 3 Hasegawa F-15s and Wolfpack Resins update sets calling me from the stash................

I'm completely psyched! :cheers: Thanks Jake!

-Dave

I received my sample copy from the printers today, and I'm told the bulk shipment of the books is on its way across the ocean as I type this. They should be in hand in approximately three weeks (June 8-10), give or take a few days on either end.

As much as I loved the Viper and Hog books, this is the most definitive Modern Guide thus far. It's also the biggest, at 188 pages. 949 images cover the early F-15A/B, as well as the modern F-15C/D/E. Everything on the Eagle is in this book, from the radar, avionics bay, Bay 5, weapons, and cockpits. Although coverage isn't 100% as it is with the USAF versions, I've also covered a bit of the non-USAF users, including the new F-15K and F-15I via photos supplied by contributors. There is also a gallery at the end of the book with a listing of every unit worldwide that has ever flown the Eagle.

The 366FW at Mt. Home and the 85TES at Eglin were instrumental in getting this book done, as were several other Eagle pilots and crewchiefs. A couple guys who frequent ARC also stepped up to offer help and/or photos including Greg Fieser (who drove 2 1/2 hours to do a photoshoot for me!!) Darren Mottram, TSgt. Chris Holmes, Dave Whalen, and Zach Falzon. Thanks guys!!!

ARC accounts for about 20% of my total sales, so to thank the ARC members, if you purchase 3 or more books (of any title, although one has to be the Eagle Guide), you will receive 20% discount. This discount is not in my shopping cart's software. To get the discount, you must e-mail me prior to ordering. You can order at the Reid Air Publications website. This applies to any customer, new or old. If you've previously ordered two books from me before, you are eligible for the discount when you pre-order the F-15 book.

OK, enough rambling. Here are some pages from the book.

Thanks, guys!!

Jake

ModernEagleGuide_cover.jpg

ModernEagleGuide22-23.jpg

ModernEagleGuide34-35.jpg

ModernEagleGuide92-93.jpg

ModernEagleGuide152-153.jpg

ModernEagleGuide170-171.jpg

looks like a must-have book! thanks for the heads up

• 2 weeks later...
Jake,

Can you please confirm if the discount is for pre-order only or will it also apply once you have the book in stock?

Thanks.

Nathan.

Hi, Nathan. It is pre-order only.

Jake

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can get my 1/32 Scale Tamiya Strike Eagle Right. :thumbsup:

I'm building it with all the nose panels open, and i'm putting in electronics for the cockpit and flashes.

The only thing i'm using for my F-15E from the kit is the major parts. I'm having the Afterburners turned.

I've got the A-10 one and love that one.

Cheers :cheers:

smlogo.jpg