Battletech fans, unite!!

How many of you guys play/played the old tabletop version of Battletech?? (I know Mad-Mike is one of my fellow B-tech nuts, anyone else?) Let's see those painted miniature collections!

I did more Succession war stuff than clan invasion battles... I was raised on succession wars (started playing B-tech in 1988) and that's what I enjoyed more!

I used too!

Remember the old days when half the 'Mechs were from Macross,Dorvack,and I think Orguss? :lol:

I prefer the Secession Wars,too. It was the era of my intro to the game.

-Dave

House Davion rules!! :cheers:

Timberwolf (Madcat) - Wolf Clan Beta Galaxy

madcat01.jpg

Atlas - Free Worlds League Marik Militia

atlas.jpg

Scarabus - 1st Federated Suns Armoured Cavalry

pic%20017.jpg

:salute:

MikeJ

Even though the courts deemed them copyright infringments....I still miss the original mechs.

Give me a lance of a wasp, griffin, shadowhawk and battlemaster and I will whoop your booty!

Nothing compares to a Mardie!!! :thumbsup:

1st FSAC MAD-3R Marauder Heavy Battlemech

marauder-01a.jpg

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Played the video game quite a bit. Been wanting to scratch a Mad Cat/Marauder also. Seen the smaller ones kitted but I'm wanting to do 1/72 or 1/48.

The local Chuck E. Cheese has an arcade version with pneumatics so you can feel the mech's foot falls as you're walking along. :doh:

John

iv never heard of "battletech"

but im pretty sure that timberwold and atlas where in the Mech Warrior computer cames!

Richard

Battletech is the pen and paper rpg that the Mech Warrior games are based on.

Actually, Battletech is more of a table top war game and it's companion "Mech Warrior" is the RPG element.

I confess I am a Battletech fan. I did it for 10 years. Been out of it for another 13 years but it still fascinates me and I plan to model several 35th scale kits from the series. I have a garage kit in 35th scale of the Vulture, the Horizon vinyl kit of the Madcat and paper kit plans for several scratchbuilds I plan to make including the Bushwacker below

Here is the "right center and left torso" and "head" nearly done except for the roof and some finishing. It has a lit cockpit and working motor to turn a cooling fan in the butt. The cockpit is various parts and a seat I made from stock styrene and the cushion form a 32nd Tamiya Phantom, the instrument panel and sidewalls were put together by a friend and cast in clear resin. I chopped it up for my use:

bwtorsoprimed.jpg

bwcockpit1.jpg

bwcockpit2.jpg

Here are some other parts, waist, upper leg, lower leg parts and feet.

bwmiscparts.jpg

Been on the shelf for over a year and I recently started back at it.

I love Battletech, I bought the current Box set a couple of months ago and I am enjoying painting the mechs. It didn't really take off in Australia like it did in the Europe and the US, but there are still a few of us about.

Yes it is.

The Mechwarrior series of PC games and the RPG (of the same name) version of the classic Battletech tabletop miniatures game are one and the same.

:salute:

MikeJ

To expound on what MadMake said, with respect, Mechwarrior was specifically the role-playing aspect for the wargame Battletech game, so that you could fight your mech in Battletech and then go buy parts and have a life outside of the cockpit in Mechwarrior. Very limited if you ask me. We played it for a while but geared towards fighting a mech it was not very adaptable for other aspects of that very interesting future setting. So we switched to HERO's system and had a lot more fun. Why the Video Game series took the name Mechwarrior when it only has aspects of Battletech, meaning no ouside the mech activity, I have no clue.

Edited by scifi58
That Bushwacker's sweeeet. I've got the Horizon vinyl kit, but I'm hesitant to start it. The vinyl medium kind of freaks me out and I'm at a loss for how to frame the cockpit into the cylindrical body.

Vinyl is fun!

I used to do the Horizon Superhero line, and slipped in the occasional 1/4 scale Screamin Star Wars kit.....

• 4 weeks later...

It has been such a long time, 17yrs? But my favourite mechs were the Archer and Marauder. Talk about bring back the memories. My other fav's name currently fails me now, one of the original designs, 2 PPC (one on each arm) 1 SRM6(atop left or right shoulder) opposite a spot light? and possibly a couple small lasers and MGs. Looked so cool! :thumbsup:

Andy

It has been such a long time, 17yrs? But my favourite mechs were the Archer and Marauder. Talk about bring back the memories. My other fav's name currently fails me now, one of the original designs, 2 PPC (one on each arm) 1 SRM6(atop left or right shoulder) opposite a spot light? and possibly a couple small lasers and MGs. Looked so cool! :thumbsup:

Andy

WHM-7M Warhammer (In Robotech it was called an Excalibur)

btbox2.jpg

A model of ther Bushy? Where can I get one?

I do not think there is a larger scale version of the Bushwacker available.

Here are my game miniatures anyway;

1st FSAC Bushwacker and Nightsky

bushwacker-nightsky01a.jpg

bushwacker-nightsky02a.jpg

:stupid:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike