Tamiya 1/32nd scale F-16CJ (Block 50) Fighting falcon.

Hi Guy!

Well, I favor the subtle way it is right now. Everybody else seems to think so and I believe it´s quite realistic. The tags and caps on the loadout are great but how about you give us a dry fit photo? I´d really like to see that if you haven´t already put them on.

Greetings

Hi guys, thanks for the warm words. Your encouragement is a constant source of motivation for me. As ever, your sentiments are much appreciated. :yahoo:

I'm pleased with everyones' thoughts regarding the weathering. The general consensous seems to be in favour of how it looks so that's a big relief.

The list of little jobs goes on. Thanks for the reminder on the static wick at the top of the tail Pig. It's all too easy to forget those details so it's good to know you've got my back,....... cheers ;) .

Here's a piccie of the pitot.....

tn_AOAandpitot001.jpg

This is for posterity again because I've covered it up with a streamer. I was thrilled with the way the heated metal turned out. I used a flame to heat the actual metal part which gave it a totally authentic look, marvellous. Trouble is, because my jet is on static, the pitot would have a cover over it. Based on comments over in the Jets forum by the guys that know, I plumped for accuracy over cool and added the streamer. The heat effect is hidden now....... :)

(Ah well, maybe I'll have the next Viper without all of the bunting attached?)

On a similar tack, here's the AOA cover. This one's finished, the other side just needs the wire and streamer.

tn_AOAandpitot004.jpg

Thanks for stopping by folks, see you all next time. :salute:

:cheers:

This is for posterity again because I've covered it up with a streamer. I was thrilled with the way the heated metal turned out. I used a flame to heat the actual metal part which gave it a totally authentic look, marvellous. Trouble is, because my jet is on static, the pitot would have a cover over it. Based on comments over in the Jets forum by the guys that know, I plumped for accuracy over cool and added the streamer. The heat effect is hidden now.......

(Ah well, maybe I'll have the next Viper without all of the bunting attached?)

On a similar tack, here's the AOA cover. This one's finished, the other side just needs the wire and streamer.

tn_AOAandpitot004.jpg

Thanks for stopping by folks, see you all next time.

WOW! :D Guy, it's just fantastic!

Pipot tube looks awesome! As for the OAO cover, it's merely stunning! Looks life-like! You're a real juweller having made that strimmer. But...let me suggest...or suspect... Please, confess, you've used Photoshop! ;) Just kidding... Fantastic job!

Cheers!

Alexander.

I was thrilled with the way the heated metal turned out. I used a flame to heat the actual metal part which gave it a totally authentic look, marvellous.

I used the flame trick on my last build and i also liked the effect, very realistic.

Great job until now, as allways :bandhead2:

Regev.

Edited by regevmo

Thanks Alexander and Regev

I felt a little disappointed to cover up the heated metal but the thought of things being wrong was even worse.... :woot.gif:

Now that I've added the pitot cover I'm happy.

My cousin and I attended the Telford show yesterday and I managed to pick up some of the small scale tubing I wanted for the static wicks. They are proving very time consuming and difficult to make though. The tube is 0.3mm OD and 0.1mm ID so it's tiny. With it being made of stainless steel it is difficult to cut cleanly and I'm struggling to find anything small enough to clean the burrs out of the tube to allow me to push the 0.1mm dia wire inside..... :wacko:

The one that I've managed to make does look nice though so I'll try to persevere and make the other 15.

*Edit* Here's a pic of the static wicks Awan ;)

tn_Staticwicks.jpg

I've placed the kit part near by as a comparison

The only thing left to add is the ECM pod and pylon so unless anyone particularly wants to see progress of that piece, I'm gonna call this build done!

At some point in the future I'll take my time and photograph a full walkaround of the model outside against a suitable backdrop. For the time being, here are a couple of experimental images taken against my newest background picture.

Enjoy.....

tn_ViperatConingsby9.jpg

tn_ViperatConingsby4.jpg

tn_ViperatConingsby7.jpg

tn_ViperatConingsby5.jpg

tn_ViperatConingsby10.jpg

Edited by geedubelyer

Another fantastic build Guy! :worship:

Could have easily fooled me for a real aircraft :woot.gif:

=Awan

EDIT: I'd be interested to see what you've done with the static discharger...might come in useful sometime! :D ...Also, does the vendor you acquired the tubing from have a website? :huh:

Edited by AnthonyWan

Thanks Awan, glad you like it.

I took these snaps off the cuff this afternoon. I'll take some more for the Critique Corner in due course when the ECM pod is finished.

I got the tiny tubing from Cammetts

Here's the website. Look for Scale Calibre hard and soft tubing in the "choose a category" drop down menu at the top of the page. :woot.gif:

:o

Simply amazing Guy. Noting else I can say. One request though...when you take more pics of it, pose it with the Strike as well for comparison and such. They would look great side by side. Next you need to do a 1/32 USAFE A-10 and have them all three next to each other. Now that would be cool!

Aaron

Next you need to do a 1/32 USAFE A-10 and have them all three next to each other. Now that would be cool!

Aaron

No, no, no! Please, Guy, Hornet to be next! (or...maybe Fulcrum? :cheers: )

And only then have them all three side by side! ;)

Cheers!

Alexander.

Next you need to do a 1/32 USAFE A-10

Oooooh, yeah, Guy! That would be great to see what you could do with the Trumpeter kit. Of course, you'd need to do an ANG Hog.

Truly outstanding work on the Viper. You're in a league of your own with the attention to detail and persistence to "get things right."

Jake

Hi,

always love to see your stuff. It looks great and I´d certainly encourage the idea that you take some nicely arranged shots of it. Another superb build of yours. Too bad you´re not that much into building dioramas apparently, because even if it were only one single "generic" one to back your beautiful builds it would be one cool thing and certainly very beautiful as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jaw droppingly beautiful Guy. I'd swear it's photos of an actual Viper. Between you and Pete I think the Viper bar has been raised to the point of being un-toppable. Simply one of the nicest models I've seen, period. Verywell done.

By the way where's the promised walkaround?.. :banana:

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Skyking
  • 9 months later...

:worship:

nice to meet you geedub in arcforum

im a south korean modeler your masterpieces give me pleasur and inspiracy always

thanks geedu always happy modelling and good health

below I introduced your work to korean air-modeller

Loves your work always, Even about my work Entrusting gives an advice

http://mmzone.co.kr/album/view.php?id=32587

Edited by sunshin

Hi Guy. Excellent build!

Sometimes I look at other people's kits and I'm inspired to increase my skills. I've looked at yours and I now I think it's time I gave up!!!!

So impressed with the fine detail and clean finish. Wow!

Ian

nice to meet you geedub in arcforum

im a south korean modeler your masterpieces give me pleasur and inspiracy always

thanks geedu always happy modelling and good health

Hi sunshin, nice to meet you too. Thank you for your kind words.

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed my build and I hope that it gives you an idea or two to try on your own version. Good health to you too.

Hi Guy. Excellent build!

Sometimes I look at other people's kits and I'm inspired to increase my skills. I've looked at yours and I now I think it's time I gave up!!!!

So impressed with the fine detail and clean finish. Wow!

Ian

Hi Ian, cheers mate and thanks, glad you like it :) I know you're only joking though 'cos I've seen your stuff and know that you can do just as well
god job!
Hello Girolamo, good of you to stop by. Thank you for your kind thoughts, I appreciate it.

I posted some finished piccies over in the Critique Corner for those that missed them. :wave:

Cheers,

:rolleyes: