Well I´ve finally decided what to do next after the dust has settled after the Hunter!

It´s going to be Trumpeters 1/48 scale Viggie... I think this will be a looong build, there´s lots to do with this baby!

DSC00817.jpg

I have the Aires cocpit set and exhaust set and Aero Master decals.....so far.

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

First impressions so far is that there´s a whole lot of empty space inside that Viggie :angry: Why couldn´t Trumpeter throw in some airducts and and some internal bracing when they where at it anyways?!?!? :bandhead2:

Oh well, just more work for me then... I´ll have to scratch those ducts since I can´t find any Airduct sets anywhere <_< but I found a internal bracing set though, and it´s pretty cheap as well..it´s from an northamerican online shop and since the dollar´s very favourable at the moment...so I think I´ll order that instead of having the hazzle of making my own. (I´m not a very good scratchbuilder)

Another thing I came to think of is that the seats in the Aires set are absolutely huge!! Should they be that big???

DSC00821.jpg

Maybe the Hunter´s got extremely small seats, wadda I know? Well, as long as they fit inside I´ll be happy....I´m not picky :whistle:

Other than that the Aires stuff looks really neat and they´ve got nice details and the PE looks great as always.

I might warn ya all that this build aint gonna go as fast as the Hunter......this looks to be a bit on the ambitious side and the Viggie is huge!!

Any hints or councel about this kit is welcome!!! I´m counting on your support to get me through this build!!!

Thanx Spooky and Dan.....we shall see what´ll happen with this.

I might end up sobbing ina corner while the friendly men in white coats show me to a perfectly nice room with soft walls......

We shall see.................................... :bandhead2:

Owwww wheeeeeee!!!!!!

Aigore,the choose of your subject is great!it is something extra-the-ordinary and I love it!!!

I'm not an expert nor even a novice of Viggie but I like it sooooo much!so I'll follow this new thread with a huge interest!

The stuff you got there is stunning...now make them honour with your great work!!!

Cheers and cant really wait for your next update...I'll stay tuned for sure!!!

:woot.gif:

Thax Jack....might take a while tho!

Starting to wonder if my choice was wise........... oh well, I´ll show ya what I mean on the update....some day....this week...maybe....eventually.....or something like that..er...hopefully

Thax Jack....might take a while tho!

Starting to wonder if my choice was wise........... oh well, I´ll show ya what I mean on the update....some day....this week...maybe....eventually.....or something like that..er...hopefully

Remember...putting more resin and more and more and more is always a wise and good choice!!!!!!

I love fully loaded plane --> in sense of aftermarket things LOL!!!

Dude dont worry of the update,just work with patience sothat we'll see a fantastic build...dont rush...LOL!!!!

Ciaooo

:D

Well, just because I´m a busy body...I have an update for ya! It ain´t big....

Upon throwing myself over the Viggie I soon realized that this isn´t gonna be easy....I´m starting to wonder if the Aires cocpit really was meant for this kit and wether or not Trumpeter actually wants ppl to build their stuff!

Been an agonizing first date with the trumpeter Viggie.......

So what have we?

I started to clean up the resin a bit and oogled the PE sheet a bit....at first everything just felt dandy. At first....

Well this is the Aires cockpit next to the trumeter one, and those nice :rolleyes: ppl at Trumpeter decided that the front wheelwell should be a part of the cockpit! Well if the Aires set would have accomodated that thought as well everything would have been fine, But oh no Aires does it the Aires way and well the same goes for trumpeter!

DSC00822.jpg

So what to do? Well I cut the trupeter cockpit apart so that I just had the wheelwell part of it left. And as you notice there´s a lil´hump on the blasted thing as well....

DSC00823.jpg

So I had to cut up the Aires cockpit as well!!! :thumbsup:

DSC00824.jpg

I dryfitted it all and it seems to work...so far *mumble* *grunt*...

DSC00825.jpg

Oh well I´ll finish on a happier note tho....the PE that I´ve been oogling, it´s really nice!! I mean really nice :deadhorse1:

So first I started with som small stuff with the canopies....here´s the RIOs canopy. I just got the feeling though that there might be more stuff in there...reading lights,wunderbaums, dvd players or minibars :P or what have you. Does anybody have a clue?...I´m gonna have an open canopy so you´re bound to see inside it....must be more stuff I think, or?

DSC00827.jpg

And here´s the pilots canopy...there´s more stuff going in there but I´ll wait with those ´til after painting.

DSC00828.jpg

Well after the first day with the Viggie I must say I have mixed feelings....guess it could be a decent build in the end, but I think it´ll cost me and if I´m not wary it´ll jump up and bite me!

Any moral support is welcome!

My Gosh !!!

You keep on amazing me. I think I already mentioned You are a brave man by covering Your beautiful Hunter up with that black goo called "wash". But that wasn't enough for ya, was it now? Ohh no, this time Aigore had to do something more yaw-dropping...

* First he had to take some risk by cutting up a beautiful RA-5 which cost's a small fortune

* And after that he went about on an (probably expensive) Aires Set...

I take my hat off my friend; that sure took some b*lls !!! I'm thrilled to see that the result came out pretty good sofar. Hopefully You'll have more luck with the rest of the goodies. The PE certaily looks very nice. How did You attach it to the transparent canopy? Appearently "cyano" sometimes tends to "fog up"... (Don't ask !!!)

Keep up the good work!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hey janne,

you couldnt resist uh?!?

I understand you totally!when you have those nice stuffs there all you want is to begin!

That's absolutely a fantastic start and way to begin!!!!greeeat job!!!

I love it!

Cant wait to see more of that!

Cheers

:coolio:

I take my hat off my friend; that sure took some b*lls !!! I'm thrilled to see that the result came out pretty good sofar. Hopefully You'll have more luck with the rest of the goodies. The PE certaily looks very nice. How did You attach it to the transparent canopy? Appearently "cyano" sometimes tends to "fog up"... (Don't ask !!!)

Keep up the good work!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

First of all, thanx spooky!! :thumbsup: You´re a two legged ( I presume) morale booster!

Second...yup, ´tis Cyano....the fogging up usually occurs in a sealed enviroment, that is if I´d glue the canopy on to the airframe it´s more likely to fog up than if it´s glued in a way that lets it breath (did that make any sense?) Well anyways if it did fog upp you can easily just dip it in klear or future and the fog lifts ;)

Jack, nope I couldn´t stay away....the fumes lured me in like a sirens song!!

We´ll see what else I can cut up later on .... :P

Thanx Mark and Chernaya!!

Btw..that link didn´t work for me, Chernaya ;)

But that might be the bracing set I looked up earlier.......just waiting for payday...then it´s mine!!!!

edit/

I´ve looked around here and there and I´ve actually not found anybody building the Viggie with the Aires set!? Am I the first?? :worship:

Edited by Aigore

I built both the 1/72 and 1/48th trump viggies , to be honest you dont see alot of the cockpit interior anyway , the brace is a must have , unless anyone wishes to struggle building it . I also added more nose weight as i didnt know if it would be a tail sitter due to the wooden brace . Some pics on my bucket site under 1/72 and 1/48 of the viggies

Thanx for the hints Chris...unfortunately, for some reason I can´t use that link :worship:

And well....even if I can´t see much of the cocpit I still wanna build it ....I´m a cocpit kind of guy ;)

Luckily I found som pics that are helpful...I put them in the reasearch corner.

:worship:

Wow Chris...there´s fantastic kits in there!!! :) yer good, real good!! Hope my viggie will look as good as yours!!

Well Chris and the rest of you...here´s another little update for ya!!

I haven´t done that much today being busy working and all......

But I´ve managed to clean up the seats and put all the PE needed except for the belts and that overhead pull thingy.......

Not much of a fuzz really....got to say tho that the instruction sheet that Aires supplied is more of an aproximation about where the parts will finally land! Good thing I found a site with detailed color pics of the seat or else things might have looked a bit different......... :)

So here´s a few views of the seats!

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

Other than the seats I´ve been busy cleaning up resin parts for painting...so here´s a shot of my "resin forrest"

DSC00832.jpg

So what´s up next? Well I still have issues with the tub and wheelwell debacle.... I´ll need to see excaktely how far into the tub the wheelwell goes and for that I need to see the exact position of the tub inside the hull. So there´s some mocking up to do and some meassuring. I´ll leave that for a day when my head feels clearer!

Besides that I need to thin the walls of the hull to fit the side panels to the tub. Then of course I need to detail the wheelwells before I throw them in, and that brace set needs to be ordered as well!! Only thing that worries me is that I´m supposed to build the airducts and that bracing set isn´t really allowing for that...but I´ll crack that nut when it hits me!

Well hopefully I´ll start painting soon...I just love painting cockpits!!! after that it´s just a whole lot of boring building to do before I can paint some more

Thanx for all your support guys!! This project surely need that and besides you make the posting really worthwhile...and to post updates I have to build and show progress! So you guys are really making me do this thing!! :)

Keep at it and I´ll keep those updates coming!! ;) Thanx again!

:cheers:

Thanx Raptor!

It´s a pretty rare bird, I agree.....I haven´t seen one using the Aires sets yet either......wonder why?

Hello,

it's a rare bird!! I used the Aires cockpit with the Cutting Edge front fuselage correction, the Aires wheel wells with the Cutting Edge intakes and the Aires nozzles! By the way i used the Nautilus brace!! Then i filled all these terrible rivets! And there are a lost of things i want to add!

When you take a look at every detailing set and then thinking of combining them........ then you know why i did not finish that beauty until now!

In my opinion the Aires pit is nicely done, you have to clarify if your Vigi still has the HUD or not!? As i know the (late?) RA-5C had their HUD removed. I'm not sure about this until now?!

The Aires cockpit is also completely missing (as the Cutting Edge and Trumpeter!) the canopy hinge and actuator mechanism!! So if you want to be a "rivet counter" (as i seem to be) there a few unanswered questions.....

Have fun!!

Cheers, Jens

Hello,

it's a rare bird!! I used the Aires cockpit with the Cutting Edge front fuselage correction, the Aires wheel wells with the Cutting Edge intakes and the Aires nozzles! By the way i used the Nautilus brace!! Then i filled all these terrible rivets! And there are a lost of things i want to add!

When you take a look at every detailing set and then thinking of combining them........ then you know why i did not finish that beauty until now!

In my opinion the Aires pit is nicely done, you have to clarify if your Vigi still has the HUD or not!? As i know the (late?) RA-5C had their HUD removed. I'm not sure about this until now?!

The Aires cockpit is also completely missing (as the Cutting Edge and Trumpeter!) the canopy hinge and actuator mechanism!! So if you want to be a "rivet counter" (as i seem to be) there a few unanswered questions.....

Have fun!!

Cheers, Jens

Oh I´m Having a ball Jens :)

That´s some really good hints there......and my Viggie have a HUD, so I suppose it´s an early bird. To tell the truth...that´s some scary stuff you´ve done to your Viggie!! Feeling the coldswet breake out

Do you have any pics of your build and perhaps some WIP pics? that would be very helpful :pray:

It´s been hard to find really good refs to this and most things under the RIOs canopy is a mystery to me.

:woot.gif: