Borring !!!!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Ohhh, come on my friend: admit it...

Realy had You fooled this time, didn't I...?!?!?!

Truly nice stuff & once again: learning all the time. Pitty You scr*wed up on the wheel-wells. But hey, take it from me: they still look VERY impressive !!!

Keep it up.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Ohhh, come on my friend: admit it...

Realy had You fooled this time, didn't I...?!?!?!

Truly nice stuff & once again: learning all the time. Pitty You scr*wed up on the wheel-wells. But hey, take it from me: they still look VERY impressive !!!

Keep it up.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

LOL, just thought you were craving the interesting stuff....like painting a cockpit :P

And yeah you had me fooled B)

excellent plumbing!!! that must be very laborious!

Richard

Thanx Richard!

Well it was....but it´s fun oddly enough. This is the first time I´ve seriously tried plumbing in wheel wells. And since I started I might as well run the whole distance ;)

Wowoow gettin gbetter and better there!!!

I love your plumbing work!

Very nice indeed

Cheers

B)

Than you Jack, but now the plumbing is done :P

Time for the Oh so boring cockpit .......hehe My fav on every build!

Sweet build...can't wait to get around to building my Viggie. Love the work on the gear wells...beautiful.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanx Dave :unsure:

Seems like I´ve managed to get it to look alright at least....so much positive feedback. Can´t wait ´til my shift finally ends....sometime tomorrow afternoon...then it´s quality Viggie time!!!!!

But from the looks of it it´s going to be a long night.......somebody´s left their dog alone for the night and it´s howling......and it´ll howl allll through the night :thumbsup:

Well The tomcatter that build viggies as well, and all the rest of you.....here´s an update :thumbsup:

It´s painting time!!

I started off with shooting the white in the wheelwells with Hum 34, flat white with a few drops of black just so it won´t be perfectly white.

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

Then I painted some cylinders with Model Master chrome silver...

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

Well that´s for the wheel wells...I´ll let the paint cure before I start painting details.

Too many pics again...gotta make a two parter ;)

Edited by Aigore

Part 2 of the update.....

Then it was time to shift focus onto the cockpit!

First off I needed to do something about that nasy hole in the RIO´s tub....you remember that I had to remove a big chunk of the floor to make room for the Trumpeter wheelwell par wich also´s a part of the cockpit flor!

I dryfitted the whole assembly and karked with a pen how far the Trumpeter part went into the Aires tub. and see I took off a bit too much of the floor!

DSC00859.jpg

I replaced that with a piece of evergreen plasticard...like so as well as put in some PE parts...some kobs and the pedals.

DSC00861.jpg

After that I primed all the stuff flat black! That because I´ll use it to preshade the cockpit as well !!

DSC00862.jpg

Then I shoot some Hum 166, Light Aircraft grey. I used a pretty light grey because the black shines through and darkens it....with the preshade it gets a wonderful sense of depth! and it really brings out details as well, one could say that more than half the finish and weathering work is done and à only have to do very light washes and dry brushing to inhance it further.

I just gently misted the gray and shoot perhaps 5-8 layers depending on what effect I was looking to get.

Well here´s the result anyways in a series a of pics...

DSC00867.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

Well that´s it for now....I´ll start detail painting the cockpit later tonight perhaps...or tomorrow.....we´ll see

You know the drill...any comments are welcome :thumbsup:

Cheers!! ;)

Edited by Aigore

That's some terrific plumbing ;)

It really adds alot of interest to the wheel bays now.

Do you plan a wash to give even more depth? :worship:

Uh,...sorry, I've just seen part two :thumbsup:

Keep it up.

:thumbsup:

Edited by geedubelyer

He he, thanx geedubelyer....and yeah I´ll probably do 2 or 3 washes on the wells each for a different effect.

And the cockpit will as well recieve at least 2 washes.

:cheers:

Whaaaa, well worth the wait !!!!!

Realy stunning work on the tub. I will most certainly try that "preshading technique" in the future ! I can hardly wait to see some more splashes of paint in the tub. I'm sure that will bring it all up to "museum quality". And although You're probably getting used to it: Beautifull work my friend. Keep it up !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

LOL, I don´t know about museum quality but thanx for the kind words of encouragement Spooky :thumbsup:

Well tomorrow´s pay day, that means I can finally order the bracing set for the Viggie...so one day I might even put the fuselage halfes together ;)

There is really always something to learn around!!!!I always reach the depth and 3D with wash and drybushing and concentrating only with them for the interiors!on the exterior though I use more the a/b effects and never thought of givin it also on the pit and wheel wells!need to try!!!!!

fantastic work Janne...that's Superb and cant wait the detailing part!!!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Thanx Jack!

It´s an old trick I learned from armour builders.....They often prime their tanks entierly in darkgray or black instead of as aircraft builders do: preshade around seams and panel lines.

The weathering process in a cocpit is quite similar to what a tank has to go through and the same techniques are applicable in most cases! There´s a wealth of knowledge among armour builders about weathering :thumbsup:

Thanx Richard!

I really like those seats as well...even tho they feel big, but all the PE stuff on them really makes them come alive somehow!

what can I say, it´s beautiful details on the Aires resin. :bandhead2: