Thanx Jens!

It´s a very cool looking aircraft, isn´t it?.....and it has wonderful lines that really tells you that this baby´s fast! :)

I´m glad you like the tread and I hope my ramblings and idle rants might be of some use to somebody :)

Cheers!

:rofl:

Thanx Dave! :rolleyes:

There will be more.....but not as fast perhaps.

I´m nearing the cruical face of putting the body halves together....that´s probably going to be exciting

Cheers

<_<

Time for another update!!

And it´s time for some assembly to be done! The cockpit gotta be fitted as do the wheel wells and of course the bracing set.......

It went suprisingly well so far...I´m still waiting for the seamless intakes and air trunks, they´ll hopefully arrive some time next week ( thanx again Jack)!

So until they arrive I can´t put the body halves together but at least I can fit stuff in and dry fit the whole thing!

First off was the cocpit, the sidepanels had to be fitted. I started off by sanding the inside of the fuselage to thin the plastic somewhat. At this point I really didn´t know how much I had to take off so I just sanded away and hoped for the best. It was hard to reach with the dremel so I had to do it by hand :(.

Then I turned my attention to the sidepanels. They stick out a fair bit from the tub...so there´s lots to take off there!

DSC00933.jpg

I used my Dremel and sanded it see-through-thin and to my surprise thry blended in well with the sides of the tub!

( the black that shows through the resin is the black primer I painted on the other side!)

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

As you see in this somewhat fuzzy pic, the sidepanels really fitted well!

DSC00935.jpg

So far so good! :worship: *whew*

After that I turned my attention to the bracing set. it´s really a fantastic thing! Well anyways I put it together with some cyano but I left the first bulkhead unglued since I´ll have to drill that one up to fit the air trunk through it!

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

And of course I broke it when I dry fitted it in the fuselage! Take heed ppl, this is a very delicate and fragile thing....it´s structually strong but the parts that it´s made from are from balsa wood and they are extremely fragile!!!

DSC00939.jpg

Good thing it responded well to cyano so it was fixable :)

Ok, now it´s time to fit things inside the fuselage! First off the main wheel wells!

They went in nicely and I glued them first with liquid glue and then I reinforced the seams with cyano....lots of cyano because I really don´t want the wells to come off after the fuselage halves are closed! Looks fine so far tho...

DSC00942.jpg

After the mainwheels wells it was time for the nose wheel well and cockpit and they went together without a hitch so far.... I´m worrily starting to check the skies for the large asteroid due for this part of the world...this is going far too well.

DSC00943.jpg

This is the whole assembly from the side, you´ll notice that I haven´t glued the roof of the wheel bay with the cockpit as of yet.....not sure that I will either. I think it´s hold together just fine anyways. The only worry I have in this are is the little hump in the cockpit floor, not sure how I´ll be able to fit an ejection seat there.....

DSC00944.jpg

This time around I´ll try to remember putting some weights in the nose :P I don´t want an hiney heavy tail sitter!

Well that´s all folks...I can´t get anything more done until the trunks arrive so Happy Building to you all and any comments are welcome!

Cheers!

:blink:

Edited by Aigore

I bought the brace and i remade it out of plasticard ... .I wish they had made the original out of plastic . So if others are contemplating getting the brace.I recommend making a new one or fixing thin plasticard to the original brace .

The thought has crossed my mind......at least to brace the brace with plasticard :worship:

Here´s a crazy thought btw, Chris....did you save the templates for the braces?

Just thought that the braces might get harder to get, but if there´d be a template for them it would be very easy to make new ones out of plasticard. I should have thought about it before I put the braces together :blink:

Would be useful if I´d ever build another Viggie....

Cheers!

sorry i binned the original ... it may be worth , if someone buys the brace to trace round it and scan onto p.c .. i did this myself but no one built viggie so i deleted them

:)

Hehe...haven´t got anymore Viggies planned at least!

Thanx Spooky :)

Cheers dude!

Hey dude!!!that's a great dryfitting test!it is really great so that everything will stay in fine!!!

I was really happy to help you Janne with the seamless etc...no worry and happy to do it!!!"anytime baby...anytime" LOL LOL

hope they'll arrive soon..if not tell me and I'll call my friend over there and ask him if everything is right LOL!!!

Cheers dude

:(

Hehe.plastic kit mafia.......

" You send my order pronto, or one of my bone crushers will pay you a visit!! and we don´t want that now do we?!!" :coolio:

Dry fitted? they´re all glued in now! Wonder if I should start with the wings now while I wait for the trunks.......or maybe just watch soccer :P

Cheers dude!

:cheers:

LOL LOL...yeaaah dude!!!

anyway,rest a bit and watch the soccer...

you know that your national team is here at 1,maybe 2 km's from me???LOL LOL

is in a hotel near my house!

I just watched them some days ago when they arrived here at the airport!!!

Cheers my friend

:coolio:

Yeah, I heard theý´d stay in Lugano.....but they´re playing in Salzburg I understand.

Suppose you could snap some incriminating shots of Zlatan then :cheers:

Right now I´m preparing for the game between poland and germany with some beer and snacks.........

Cheers bro!

Yeaah I saw him but not shoot with the cam!!!

yep already lookin at the match...what you want more:

I'm lookin at the match...ARC here at my left and my girlfriend who enjoys soccer...LOL LOL!!!

great game so far...I love it

Cheers my friend

Ooooh...someone´s got an invoice from the post office in the mail, packet to collect! :thumbsup:

Wonder what that could be? Either it´s the Prowler cockpit from lucky model or it´s the intakes for the Viggie.....Don´t really know which would make me the happiest!

Too bad I´ll spend most of this week drunk...so no building I´m afraid :beer4:

Cheers!

:thumbsup:

/edit: Goooo Team Sweden!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Aigore
The Dutchies just started out 3-nil against Italy !!! Nothing to fear though... They always manage to f*ck up in the semi-final !!!

Thank God I hate soccer & love Formula I ;-)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

LOL, well at least you keep track on the results for some reason even though you loathe soccer :P

Is it a love-hate thing? :salute:

Cheers dude!

LOL, well at least you keep track on the results for some reason even though you loathe soccer :worship:

Is it a love-hate thing? :salute:

Cheers dude!

Nope, my friend. At the moment it's a bit hard not to keep track of the result's since everybody at work is talking about it. If I would even pay any serious attention to it I might even be fooled in thinking that we've already won the championship...!!!

By the way, shouldn't You be building some stuff in order to enlighten me with Your fabulous skill's from time to time...??? ;-)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hi Janne loving your work on this kit!

I built one using the brace which you may find helpful hints HERE (Britmodeller.com) but i don't think you'll need them, your work is superb!

Al

ROFL FOD covers!! so that´s what they where!!!

I´ve recieved my trunks now and what I´ll be doing is some very very very careful drilling and sawing to make room through the forward bulkhead for the trunks. It´ll be nervewrecking work....but I really want those trunks in! :deadhorse1:

Since I´ve been ordered to work this weekend you´ll all have to wait a while for updates....sorry,but as soon as I get time I´ll let you share my misery or mirth when the time comes for the trunk surgery!

Dang Al!! that Viggie´s great!!! I suppose great minds think alike because you´ve used the same decal option I´m going for as well!!

Your plumbing in the wheel wells were really fantastic, you´re probably an escapee from the Asylum next to mine!!

Cheers dude!! :cheers:

Nope, my friend. At the moment it's a bit hard not to keep track of the result's since everybody at work is talking about it. If I would even pay any serious attention to it I might even be fooled in thinking that we've already won the championship...!!!

By the way, shouldn't You be building some stuff in order to enlighten me with Your fabulous skill's from time to time...??? ;-)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Oh how I wish I could bro! Demn work keeps getting in the way!!.....and birthdays ....and ex co-worker parties.......soccer.....oh well the list of excuses is endless :(

Feels like as fast I´ve managed to scrounged up some leisure time something bad happens at work and I´ll have to step in to cover for somebody or somethings....... :bandhead2:

(anybody recognize the situation?)

BTW I´m at work right now as well...just oogling my newly recieved resin............

Cheers bro! :cheers: