Finally I´ve had some time alone with my Viggie and hence an update! :deadhorse1:

As a side note and a bit OT I can mention that some of my time was spent on these Södermanland class submarine models so you might as well get a glimpse of them

DSC00948.jpg

But back to the Viggie....

The seamless intakes and trunks arrived quite fast, so I don´t have to send Jack to break any legs .......

They looked gorgeous but they meant that there had to be some tweaking with the wooden brace set to make room for them. And additional tweaking since the braces wouldn´t go exactely where they where supposed to, again because of the trunks. So I had to fiddle around a bit to make it all fit together.

First off I finished the fans that where Trumpeter parts, nothing special about them, I primed them in gray, shot some Johnson klear and finished with some AlcladII Airframe Aluminium. I don´t intend to do any washes or anything to make a finish on them since they are so far inside the trunks that you can hardly see them at all anyways.

DSC00957.jpg

Then I shot Tamyia flat white inside the trunks....mostly because that was the only white I had at home at the moment....

I had to shorten the trunks a bit to make a bit of room for the braces

DSC00952.jpg

And of course I had to sand down the diameter of the fans so they would fit....but it looks alright from here

DSC00958.jpg

Then I fitted them inside the fuselage halves...like so. It´s a very snug fit and Cutting Edge had put some thought to how to fit the trunks, there are groves that fit right over the wheel wells, brilliant! (you might notice that I´ve remembered to put some weights in for once)

DSC00960.jpg

Well so far so good, now I had to tweak the most forward bulkhead to fit over the trunks. I started off with sawing off about 1.5 cm on each side with my trusted razor saw

DSC00954.jpg

Then I made a profile and used my Dremel to sand arcs in the sides to make them fit over the trunks

DSC00956.jpg

Like so....

DSC00962.jpg

I didn´t glue it in place since I thought it stuck anyways and when the fuselage halves come together they´d keep the braces in place!

I had a moment brow wrinkling for a while when I noticed that the braces wheren´t exactly centered and after some tweaking, juggling and sanding I realized that the trunks stuck out bit too far and pressed against the braces. So out with the dremel again and sand down the trunks a bit further...

DSC00961.jpg

Well....too many pics again, so this is another two parter

see you in part two, The merging of the Fuselage Halves!

Edited by Aigore

Part 2!! The Merging!

Now there wasn´t anything stopping me from putting the halves together!!!! And so I did!! I haven´t glued the halves together as of yet but I don´t think there´ll be much problem there. Sure there´ll be some cracks but as long as the fuselage halves fit together evenly and flat, any cracks are manageable.

Well here´s pics of the Viggie starting to look the piece!

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

The conclusion of todays work is that there is some fiddling getting the pieces together....but really, that goes for all models! The fit is alright and now the pieces start to come together and hopefully form a Viggie in the end!

There´ll be some sanding and filling ahead but I don´t think there´ll be any further detailsets to order at least (this baby´s getting expensive)

So next week it´ll be some general assembly and if nothing catastrophic happens at work you´l be seeing some real progress!!

Thanx for dropping by and having a look at my insanity and sorry making you wait so long for an update!

Comments are welcome as usual!

Cheers!

:deadhorse1:

Edited by Aigore

I was going to say those subs are missing some props:)

From what I've seen on many pics, it appears the intake is only white for the first part - further back the throat they appear to be dull aluminium, though I may be wrong... I guess you have passed the point of no return on that one?

Jens

I was going to say those subs are missing some props:)

From what I've seen on many pics, it appears the intake is only white for the first part - further back the throat they appear to be dull aluminium, though I may be wrong... I guess you have passed the point of no return on that one?

Jens

Afraid so.... I just asumed they where white all the way...didn´t have a really good look, all the pics I´ve seen they have red covers pushed into the intakes ;)

Anyways...who´s gonna look? <_<

LOL and regarding the subs....not my department...I only put decals on them :cheers:

Cheers Jens!

Hey my frieeeend!

nice to see ya back!

I'm very happy that the intakes arrived!Very glad I was able to help you out!

the work there is really supeeeerb,I love it and cant wait to see some colours on it...

dude,you've seen how many lovely desert scheme are around?!?!

again,Fantastic job there and lookin forward to see more!

Cheers

:salute:

Thanx Jack!! :thumbsup:

And indeed I have noticed all the desert schemes....too bad the Viggie won´t have one, but the old Highvis Gray and markings are alright ...makes it colorful enough :coolio:

Now it´s the boring part of modeling, sanding and filling, that will occupy me for the next couple of weeks. And do this baby need filling, sheeesh!

Cheers bro!

:cheers:

P.S.

At least now soccer won´t interfere with building, congrats Russia!....you guys where hungrier and wanted to win more, too bad Sweden didn´t turn out to be a challenge this time.

LOL LOL...yeeep...a lot of sanding on that beast!!!!!

dude,you know what we should do sometime hence in the future?!?!?

build a Jaguar or a mirage F.1 or III with the desert scheme....would that be cool????

shame for sweden indeed...but russia was...daaamn,they were running like never!!!!!dunno what happened with them LOL!

If they kick Holland *** I will run naked through lugano LOL LOL!!!!

thaaat is going to be a great match if they can maintain their performances...

Cheers dude!!!

:thumbsup:

LOL LOL...yeeep...a lot of sanding on that beast!!!!!

dude,you know what we should do sometime hence in the future?!?!?

build a Jaguar or a mirage F.1 or III with the desert scheme....would that be cool????

shame for sweden indeed...but russia was...daaamn,they were running like never!!!!!dunno what happened with them LOL!

Cheers dude!!!

:thumbsup:

Now that would be a sight that would make the Gods cry! :rofl:

I have an Israeli Mirage III in the pipeline......The Eduard profikit with all the goodies....

But after the Viggie I gotta relax with some OOB builds.... all this detailing madness is quite demanding :cheers:

Cheers bro!

:coolio:

Love the work on the Viggie, nice to her fuselage together and standing on her legs... love the sub models too, being a sub guy myself and all.

Cheers,

Dave

Anyways...who´s gonna look? :cheers:

lmao, doesnt that defeat the purpose of resin intakes? Can you say AMS? The worst part is that I couldnt image building my viggie without doing something about the intakes either. :thumbsup:

Love the work on the Viggie, nice to her fuselage together and standing on her legs... love the sub models too, being a sub guy myself and all.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanx Dave :worship:

:worship:

lmao, doesnt that defeat the purpose of resin intakes? Can you say AMS? The worst part is that I couldnt image building my viggie without doing something about the intakes either. :worship:

Yeah, I know :P

Well as a modeller one can´t stay away from certaina areas, and having intake trunks is one of them...

Now I don´t think PPL are gonna stare down the intakes that often but the kit doesn´t feel right if it doesn´t have them. So it´s more of a thing I´ve done for myself rather than for the casual observer.

And it doesn´t bother me that much that they wheren´t 100% correct as long as they are there!

Cheers!

Cheers dude!!!

:D

Time to own up, Jack.....nothing less than photografic evidence is accepted as the entire ARC is witness to your bet! :rofl:

Cheers bro! looking forward for the pics (btw you have to post them here on ARC!)

:woot.gif:

Nice going on that Viggie! :thumbsup:

Time to own up, Jack.....nothing less than photografic evidence is accepted as the entire ARC is witness to your bet! :rofl:

:rofl: Yeah, Jack, do it! :lol: You said you would!

The Dutchies just started out 3-nil against Italy !!! Nothing to fear though... They always manage to f*ck up in the semi-final !!!

Thank God I hate soccer & love Formula I ;-)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Realy hate to be a smart *ss, but didn't I tell You so..... !!!!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Ahahahahah.....

well I'm too depressed for Italy to go out naked on streets!and if I do I think people would lynch me LOL LOL!!!

Cheers

:salute:

A bet´s a bet!!...do it late at night then or very early in the morning! Down mainstreet in Lugano....can´t be that hard

:rofl:

You could always fill up with some liquid courage!

Cheers Bro!

:cheers:

Also known as "Dutch courage" in English...:rolleyes:

Jens

Now watch it my friend !!!!! I still remember we smacked quite some nations over the head in the old days when we were still ruling the seas & I don't think we managed that by sipping rum all day long...

"Chek Six....."

Spooky.