If you guys have any F-111 Reference photos, or links to them post em up here for us all to use!!

Here's a few of my personal shots showing different parts of the beloved Pig :thumbsup:

Nose Gear/Well

F-111CNosegearFront.jpg

F-111CnosegearRear.jpg

MVC-017S.jpg

MVC-018S.jpg

F-111CNWW.jpg

Main Gear/Well

F-111CMWW-1.jpg

F-111CMainGear.jpg

F-111CMWWFront.jpg

Speed Brake

F-111CSpeedBrake.jpg

Edited by nimrod77

Something to note on the Academy Kits is that the nose strut is moulded fully collapsed. It should be extended at the cut line show here...

13copy.jpg

Have a look at the above photo's for average extensions.

Great pics Nimrod.

I'm not looking forward to the scratchbuilding task ahead of me though - they sure love packing all kinds of stuff into those wheelbays!

Even a beach ball it seems....

What is that exactly, anyone know?

MVC-017S.jpg

Even a beach ball it seems....

What is that exactly, anyone know?

MVC-017S.jpg

Thats the emergency volley ball for when the aircrew drop in to top gun for some refresher training! Comes with white T-shirts and jeans too :)

Seriously though, thats the FWD Equipment bay fire extinguisher bottle. It was only there on earlier model F-111's, not on the later production versions.

F-111A - C. Not sure about when GD stopped fitting them, but they defiantly had stopped by the F-111G :D

Thanks guys- good stuff on both counts. That pic /\ is spectatcular though... it's like, "lets put an F-111 on a glass table a shoot it from underneath...." :thumbsup:

It all depends on what you want to see, I have a few shots with the flaps dropped like the rather good picture nimrod posted.

I'm mostly looking for close ups of the hardware that drives the flaps/slats. The actuators, hinges, ect. I've got enough to attempt a "quess'timate" scratchbuild of the wings, but I was hoping to find some more to work with.

I'm mostly looking for close ups of the hardware that drives the flaps/slats. The actuators, hinges, ect. I've got enough to attempt a "quess'timate" scratchbuild of the wings, but I was hoping to find some more to work with.

Here's one from Hyperscale...

image008.jpg

AHHHH!!! YOU DA MAN!!!! Those are perfect. :thumbsup:

I am now fully equippped to break out the tools and completely boff up my model.... Excellent!

Glad to help!

Hey Hoops,

I was at that airshow!! I was in the ARDU hangar "modeling" the F404 Hornet engine :lol:

Nice pics mate!

Cheers

You don't happen to have any pictures of the Twoseat ARDU F-18B? My camera battery died after I only got a couple pictures of it. I want to do one out of the Academy two seater whenever they release it...

-Hoops