• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. C-119 Flying Boxcar

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. B-52A-F (tall tail)

• Yes
    • No

Tell me what you think. I'm talking about regular tooling, not short run, not Eastern European. These would be moderately detailed, competitively priced, accurate (that's a key), and would have well researched and accurate decal choices in a regular spiffy looking retail box.

J

I like all three, especially the Vulcan. However, I would love to see a 1/144th C-160. I know F-resin makes one, but that's not plastic. What 1/144th really needs is some Russian stuff, like the Tu-154 (Although these would be more civilian I guess).

Ok, I'm goin nitty-gritty here, but which version of the Vulcan will be the mainline kit, and will other variants be avalible as well? Same goes for the C-119 (I think an AC bird would be sweet)

Ves :woot.gif:

I like all three, especially the Vulcan. However, I would love to see a 1/144th C-160. I know F-resin makes one, but that's not plastic. What 1/144th really needs is some Russian stuff, like the Tu-154 (Although these would be more civilian I guess).

The C-160 is *way* too esoteric and of limited sales potential to invest in 1/144 plastic (Revell has its own agenda). As for the Vulcan (post above), we're talking about the B.2 most likely. I can't see there being a huge market for a 1/144 B.1/B.1A or a K.2. Blue Steel and possibly Skybolts would be a possibility, as would of course Black Buck parts, but this is all theoretical at this point anyway.

As to the "Russian Stuff" post above - Zvezda is doing a 1/144 injection molded Tu-154M that was supposed to be out last autumn. It's expected sometime this year. If it's as nice as their (and now Revell's) Il-86, it should be super.

J

As to the "Russian Stuff" post above - Zvezda is doing a 1/144 injection molded Tu-154M that was supposed to be out last autumn. It's expected sometime this year. If it's as nice as their (and now Revell's) Il-86, it should be super.

J

Now that made me sit up and go "Oooo!"

Jens

Jennings,

Just to add another opinion. I think the '119 would go over big. But since we are talking 1/144th, and multi-nation - how about a P-2 Neptune ? Plenty of countries flew it, and there are definitely more than enough varients to keep everyone happy. Just a thought. Instead of the "same ole thing" :salute:

I threw in my votes for all three. Depending on price, I'd probably buy multiples. If you're talking C-119's, I would definitely like to see the AC-119K Stinger. The cargo one doesn't do much for me, but the gunship would look sweet next to my AC-123 and AC-130 in 1/144.

Also, as Josh pointed out, a 1/144 C-5 Galaxy would go over really well as far as sales potential goes. I'd defintiely buy one, maybe even two depending on price. Same for the B-52's.

I'm down for the C-119 or the AC-119K in the proper large-plane scale. :thumbsup:

Transall would be nice, too. 'Bout time for me to order that Amodel C-123 I guess ...