Monogram F-14 A TOMCAT 1/48

Hi Guys

I am sorry my English is not very good.

This is my rebuilt the Tomcat and my first serious project in the world of modeling.

When I was 12 years built this kit, but the result was very bad.

Now Start by cleaning the cat in search of better results.

The plane before, was in very poor condition.

The photo jeje a little scared.

100_1708.jpg

The stripping Clean ovens with the spray and cutting everything.

100_1795.jpg

Now in the process of rebuilt.

The dashboards ready.

DSCN1100LowRes.jpg

The cockpit and seats painted again and the canvas covers and ejection rings detailed.

fotosfede261.jpg

fotosfede327.jpg

Transparency and nerves ejection painted, taught me that my friend Manuel Armas.

fotosfede319.jpg

Arresting Hook Ready.

fotosfede333.jpg

Horizontal stabs. cut for relax posicion.

fotosfede266.jpg

Current project is almost ready to close the fuselage

fotosfede318.jpg

fotosfede334.jpg

Critics and comments are accepted.

I hope you like it.

Greetings

FEDE

ciao fede..you're doing an amazing job..i'm really interested..i've seen that you've cut off the orizontal stabilizers..how will you put them in the newposition on the model??

thanks and compliments.. :salute:

Well,FEDE,what can i say...that's a fantaaaaastic restoration build!!!

I love the subject and the way your workin is impressive!

Lookin from the second pic seems it is a new build!

Lovely and cant wait for new updates!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Guys thank everyone for watching my work, and thanks for the words of encouragement make me very well and more that I am a novice at this.

As for some questions that made me, my response here.

Aspide:

I leave a picture of the stabilizers as I did with the idea is to make them as equals in the kit are Hasegawa.

IMG_0570.jpg

Tomthegrom:

The rings in the seats made by linking sewing thread black and yellow, and then a droplet of cyano to maintain the shape and seeking new forms of rings and then put on the seat.

To achieve the fine lines of the cabin only do the mask with tape after Tamiya frames painted. It is worth mask twice!

Rjwood:

I am not going to make VF-33 I used some old decals VF-84 modex 02 77-78. The bad news is that there are few good photographic references of this aircraft. I put a links to a similar one.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/...next_id=0340365

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/...next_id=0318799

The plane is an F-14 A of the old with small chinpod, another link in this is the correct modex but the gun vents are new and chin of the pod is similar model B

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/...next_id=1351830

Thank you all.

Greetings

Fede

Thank you for watching friends.

Ok Paul disarmament by force as in some other sides and help me with the tip of a cutter to break the areas where the glue. Just a few things I could not take off the excess glue. The pallets rotor of tf-30 could not take off the seats I could not disarm, nor could the wings takeoff a piece of another

Do not forget that the paste to 12 years without some knowledge about what to. Another reason which was easy to remove it was that the glue was not modeling or very good.

On Monday I hope to have more photos.

Before I forget, if you want to watch the entire process can do so from this link:

Greetings

Fede

Thank you for watching friends.

Ok Paul disarmament by force as in some other sides and help me with the tip of a cutter to break the areas where the glue. Just a few things I could not take off the excess glue. The pallets rotor of tf-30 could not take off the seats I could not disarm, nor could the wings takeoff a piece of another

Do not forget that the paste to 12 years without some knowledge about what to. Another reason which was easy to remove it was that the glue was not modeling or very good.

On Monday I hope to have more photos.

Before I forget, if you want to watch the entire process can do so from this link:

Greetings

Fede

Good point......I forgot it was 12 years old.

So basically use the cutter as kind of a pry bar?

Paul :

You need to make lever with the cutter. In the glue joints of bankruptcy with caution. Listens sound Crick, Crick, separately.

Forgive my English so bad, I hope I understand.

Greetings

Fede

PS: In a while I leave more pictures.

Ok let the advances of the weekend.

I was able to close the fuselage, the union is very bad, this applies putty and sanding.

fotosfede336.jpg

I was trying to make the warning indicators, and approximation etc., which go on the pilot's windscreen. The photos are of test, nothing is still stuck.

fotosfede335.jpg

I'm still not sure if these are placed in the windshield metal structure or at the top of the board. :thumbsup:

fotosfede336.jpg

Change purge of fuel per one made in scracht, sanding and rewrite the horizontal stabilizers.

I started to work in the shape of the radome using as a guide Hasegawa piece of kit and photos and drawings of the plane.

fotosfede342.jpg

fotosfede339.jpg

As the sanding delete details on both sides of the plane started rewrite the left side. I hope to continue next weekend with the other side and also some parts that were deleted.

fotosfede340.jpg

This is the first time to rescribing despite this the result left me very happy. Even missing rivets and correct any lines wrong.

Greetings

Fede