Eurofighters - All Variants

Sweet thx, I'm the head A/C Recognition guy for the La Tech Flight Team & the dude who's suppose to teach this stuff to the rest of the team this stuff.

Ves :bandhead2:

Hi all,

Here's one of ZJ815/AY, the first (and so far only) T3 in RAF service. Caught on return to Coningsby a couple of weeks ago. ZJ913/AC below, photographed the same day was a former F2, without the PIRATE sensor on the nose and was one of the first upgraded to the FGR4 standard, there's several more back now after upgrade and the program should include all the earlier airframes in time.

IMG_8871.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

Straight down the nose of a FGR4 (ZJ930/AA - the very first) with the display LGB fit.

IMG_8973.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701
ZJ913/AC below, photographed the same day was a former F2, without the PIRATE sensor on the nose and was one of the first upgraded to the FGR4 standard, there's several more back now after upgrade and the program should include all the earlier airframes in time.

Thanks Gary for the interesting information.

Ok, I think it is time for a few from Italy:

this aircraft has markings of 4°Stormo but was on loan to Reparto Sperimentale Volo (Test Flight) at Pratica di Mare:

bfnl8h.jpg

157evj8.jpg

23mr2j7.jpg

Edited by Paolo Maglio
  • 1 year later...

Took my boy for his first visit to Coningsby yesterday - tbh he was more excited about climbing "The Mound" and having fish and chips on a tray from the village chippie than he was about the planes. Kids eh? :worship:

Being a Friday, there wasn't a huge amount of movement, but more than most RAF bases on a Friday.

DDlineup.jpg

DJ.jpg

QO-F.jpg

QOF.jpg

Hi Nev,

I wished I'd gone up now! I did think about going upto Coningsby on friday morning but wasn't convinced the weather was going to hold. I was up there tuesday to catch the AMI birds though.

Gary

What, the AMI was there on Tuesday? ;) Typical - 5 weeks off work sick and the day I go back the Italians arrive! :wub: :bandhead2:

Afraid so, two AMI Typhoon's in at about 9:30 on tuesday morning, there was one of these occasional 'Typhoon meets' that the major operators have. Rumour's were kicking about that pairs of Spanish, German and Italian Typhoon's were going to turn up early in the week, but the Spanish cancelled and the German's sent a single only on the wednesday. The AMI birds flew a single mission on the wednesday, and they and Luftwaffe jet went on the thursday. I'll stick a post up shortly as I've shot a fair bit this week.

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Nice shots those, all this time photographing them and I've never really seen the inside. Looks like they brought our weather with them as well!

Gary

Nice shots those, all this time photographing them and I've never really seen the inside. Looks like they brought our weather with them as well!

Gary

Yes, there was enough RAF content at that show with the Typhoons, Tornados, Hawks and Sentry that they could have carried the British weather in with them.

Here are some shots of Laage (ETNL / RLG ) based Eurofighters of JG 73 ( FW 73 ) Steinhoff I was able to take during a base visit in June!

30+38:

3038.jpg

31+16:

3116.jpg

30+47 during a rarely seen afterburner take-off ( note the terminal of Rostock-Laage Airport in the back ):

3047.jpg

I'm a big phantom phanatic but I have to say that I started to love Eurofighter too during those 2 days at Laage.

It's such a beautiful plane!

Regards, Kehlschinzki!

And now 4 pictures of the ( what i believe to be ) worlds first special painted Eurofighter.

30+20 ( = 50 :monkeydance: ) was special painted to celebrate the wings 50th anniversary.

The pictures were taken during the rollout of 30+20 on June 19th at Laage AB.

30202.jpg

3020.jpg

The Tails are showing General Steinhoff. The Wing was named after him:

30201.jpg

30203.jpg