Eurofighters - All Variants

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gents,

A bit topical, but here's just the one I shot yesterday at RAF Coningsby. I made the trip up hoping they would deploy, but besides this inbound from Leuchars, and a local Tornado GR4 sortie no such luck. As is obvious now, they launched ten to Italy earlier this afternoon. Having just seen the list, this aircraft was amongst those that went. with full AMRAAM and ASRAAM loads.

5542223527_e9e81c530b_b.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701
That look like some serious deflection angle on that canard!

It's actually known as a "foreplane" (NOT a canard)

As it was pointed out to me, canards are found on FRENCH jets... and the Typhoon ISN'T French! :worship:

Edited by kstater94

Nice shots HomeBe

I always love hanging out at Coningsby when I'm in the UK

I noticed that 3 squadron has another trainer! Last I saw, they had QO-Z (ZJ814)

Is ZJ814 still coded QO-Z or has it been recoded now?

Cheers!

John

Hi,

Lovely shots there. That 17® Sqn bird is carrying a live load of warshots. Similar too what they deployed with last weekend. As far as I know ZJ814/OO-Z is still marked and coded as before, but as many of the early T1's are now being upgraded to T3 status at Warton, I'm guessing it's turn isn't far away, ZJ802/QO-B I would assume is it's replacement. There's been a lot of re-coding and re-marking going on recently. Why they're bothering putting the old tranche one T1's through the block 5 upgrade is beyond me, when the currently planned intention is to retire ALL tranche one jets in a few years - including every single aircraft despatched to Itay for Libyan no-fly zone duties. Madness.

Gary

Hi,

Lovely shots there. That 17® Sqn bird is carrying a live load of warshots. Similar too what they deployed with last weekend. As far as I know ZJ814/OO-Z is still marked and coded as before, but as many of the early T1's are now being upgraded to T3 status at Warton, I'm guessing it's turn isn't far away, ZJ802/QO-B I would assume is it's replacement. There's been a lot of re-coding and re-marking going on recently. Why they're bothering putting the old tranche one T1's through the block 5 upgrade is beyond me, when the currently planned intention is to retire ALL tranche one jets in a few years - including every single aircraft despatched to Itay for Libyan no-fly zone duties. Madness.

Gary

It is madness Gary!

Besides, they can't retire all the jets that went to Libya because I personally haven't seen and photographed ZJ917 yet!! (yeah, like THAT'S gonna stop them...)

Cheers

John

EDIT: Nevermind! I just went through some more photos of Typhoons and realized that I had indeed seen ZJ917 (just didn't realize it!)

It still doesn't mean they should retire jets that are only 5 years old...

Holy crap! I just realized that retiring all the Tranche 1 jets is a LOT! (something like 50 odd jets!)

As I said, that's ridiculous!

Edited by kstater94
Nice shots HomeBe

I always love hanging out at Coningsby when I'm in the UK

I noticed that 3 squadron has another trainer! Last I saw, they had QO-Z (ZJ814)

Is ZJ814 still coded QO-Z or has it been recoded now?

Cheers!

John

Hey we never did get to that jag meet at conningsby....can you remember?..lol! Let me know when your next here mate and we'll have half a lager at the Bluebell (local raf pub) :)

Hey we never did get to that jag meet at conningsby....can you remember?..lol! Let me know when your next here mate and we'll have half a lager at the Bluebell (local raf pub) :)

Sounds good! The first round is on me! :)