folding rotors on a CH-46D

Check out this build article over at Internet Modeler to see how you might go about doing it yourself....

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2004/octobe...iation/CH46.php

Looks pretty straight forward, and I've been strongly considering his approach for one of my phrog builds.

Andy

Very nice.

There is one more book that came out after that article, Seaknight Family by Phillipe Dognon & Christian Bouschon from Landing Zone Publications.

We need more Marine decals for that bird, A/D/F and E models. Currently only Zotz has one option for an E.

Check out this build article over at Internet Modeler to see how you might go about doing it yourself....

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2004/octobe...iation/CH46.php

Looks pretty straight forward, and I've been strongly considering his approach for one of my phrog builds.

Andy

The problem is the Internet Modeler article has the rear blades wrong. Look at this pix. See how the rear blades fold forward, angle down and sideways? He just made the fold forward and flat. He or she did a lot of work and then fixed them at the wrong angle.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Marin...-46E/1260136/M/

as finding phrogs with the blades stowed are hard to come by in photographs.

Andy

I'll fix that for you, when we get off the USS ESUCKS. I go take some now and post them when we get back to. :thumbsup:

If possible, close-ups of each rotor head showing how the pivots fold would be super. :thumbsup:

Just make sure you've got yer cranial on, Marine!

That is what I got, I do not know when we are going back, we are doing the Burma 500 with no RTB. The Skids and $hitters have been in Thailand for the last 30 days!!! :bandhead2: We (I.E the Phrog guys) all hope that one part of there (IE. skids and $hitter Guys)bodys rot off!!!! But hey I've been to Thailand 6 times I'm not missing any thing:thumbsup: I've got a wife and 3 kids now, but I'm missing out on all of the BEER!!!!!

The bad part is we are not doing any thing just C.Q's. But now I am ticked off about missing out on Hong Kong :crying2: TomcatTweaker and I had a list of about 20 kits I was going to pick up for us!! :bandhead2::explode:

But on a good note.........you can eat the food on this boat, it's not that bad!!! for the boat chow!!

Edited by SSgtd6152

SSgtd - note the tattoo in the last pic. Got yours yet?

All I see is the RED X, the MEU S-6 has photobucket and Imageshack blocked. What is it?

The big green weenie strikes again... :woot.gif:

It's the same as your avatar.

No problem. I thought that these were up on the ARC walkaround page but I don't see them. I'll have to send Steve another CD now that he is doing walkarounds again. In the meantime if anyone needs something specific let me know.

All I see is the RED X, the MEU S-6 has photobucket and Imageshack blocked. What is it?

It was a tattoo of the Dragon (kanji?) character. On my last float with them about half of flightline got that tattoo. Talk about squadron loyalty.

No problem. I thought that these were up on the ARC walkaround page but I don't see them. I'll have to send Steve another CD now that he is doing walkarounds again. In the meantime if anyone needs something specific let me know.

I haven't looked but were those images on that CD you awhile back?