"E-mail Contributor" button in article does not send message

Steve,

I tried to send E-mail to myself from recently published article (http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal8...hevskiy/00.shtm)

and clicking on this button creates window for typing message, name and E-mail, but I did not receive any E-mails.. Is it problem with my provider (IP-blocking, spam filter, etc) or with script/configuration on web-site?

Thanks,

Leo.

I just tested it on my review article in today's update and an e-mail arrived in my inbox in about 30 seconds. (there's a "But" further down)

I do send an e-mail to the contributors on the daily updates and I do get some return mail so I know at least some of the e-mails are getting through.

But all these e-mails run through the ARC server computers and not the ARC Forums program and although each person that sends in articles does get a confirmation e-mail in return......I do know that some people aren't getting these confirmation e-mails. I'm not sure what the percentage of people that are and are not getting these various e-mail through the ARC server computer.

It is possible that their e-mail program has spam filters that are blocking such e-mails.....but I have yet to have any evidence why some e-mial don't get through.

I have no sort of filters on my end to block certain e-mail addresses etc relating to these e-mails.

Sorry I don't have a more helpful answer.

Steve,

Thank you for such quick response. Probably my e-mail address is stored incorrectly inside of a site's database.

Do not worry about this.

Thanks,

Leo.

Ok, Steve, mistery solved...

My ISP (AT&T) blocked your Mail-server. Here is a info:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

my_address_was_here@bellsouth.net

SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:

host gateway-f1.isp.att.net [204.127.217.16]:

550-74.208.47.141 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=bellsouth,dc=net

550 Blocked for abuse. See http://www.att.net/bls_rbl/ for information.

Thanks,

Leo.

I'm glad you sorted it out. I get quite a few returned e-mails. The best are when people e-mail me for "Forums Support".....I e-mail them back and my e-mail gets rejected due to spam filters at their end......yup.....not much I can do about that. :worship: Occasionally they e-mail back cursing me for not responding.....I e-mail them back and my e-mail gets rejected again. :thumbsup: I don't spend too much time tracking down returned e-mails. :thumbsup:

Steve,

Could it be useful to put some kind of "disclaimer-warning" with list of domain names, blocking your E-mails. This will reduce amount of curses on you (if you care about it :whistle: ).

As of now I know about 2 of those domains: att.net and bellsouth.net

I can manage this list if you would setup rule in your Outlook or any other program to forward E-mail with word "undeliverable" or something like this to my E-mail @ att.net :)

Seriously - if you think it's a good idea, PM me please, and we can discuss it outside of this thread.

Thank you again for your effort keeping this site for us!

Leo.

Well this problem is much more involved than a few domains.

--Some people require that the sender be "verified" with their spam blocker program. I'm not keen to jump through hoops for a few minutes only to learn in the end I couldn't get myself verified anyways.

--Others have given an incorrect e-mail address.

--Others have spam blocker on their e-mail system (either on their computer of at the ISP level)

--There's also some countries with very spotty e-mail service.

There is no way to deal with these issues with much success, so I'm not keen to spend too much time on it. I guess I'm getting old. :yahoo:

A warning somewhere in the proper spot in the submissions pages might help a little....but most people don't read instructions anyways.....myself included. :salute:

A warning somewhere in the proper spot in the submissions pages might help a little....but most people don't read instructions anyways.....myself included.

Steve, You are not alone and I cannot blame you B)

But actually, my idea was to create list of domain names, which would reject ANY e-mails from your server, but if people do not read instructions, it would be waste of time and effort .... :thumbsup:

Again, Thank you so much for keeping us well informed and connected!

:worship::worship::worship: