PK-604 Halifax B. Mk. I/GR. Mk. II/Srs.IA

OK,

Since I trashed my Jag build :thumbsup: I am going forth with the Halifax (Revell boxing)

It will be finshed as a B.II Series 1 (Special) of 148SQN RAF using Sky Decals.

I have started on a few subcomponents like the wings, gear and tail planes. Also stated the cockpit and found the layout and instruction colours to be wrong. So I will make a few mods there and paint as accurately as I can. I also need to add a parachute hatch aft of the bombay.

Pictures to follow soon.

I was wondering if any one had a SQN badge for 148SQN? I was going to add one to the display base. I was also going to have the bombay open and show some supply cannisters inside, I only have a BW picture of the cannisters, anyone know what colour they would be?

:thumbsup:

Edited by Trojan Thunder

OK...

I have made some progress. I started to build and paint the cockpit as per the instructions but after I checked a few references I decided to modify it. Its not 100% accurate but it will do for government work :worship:

Here is how it would have looked OOB.

Cockpit-original.jpg

I decided to replace the milk crates that represented the seats. I found a UH-60 cockpit in the spares box, I used the seats from it.

The seat on the left is the untouched blackhawk seat, on the right the modifed seat.

Newseats.jpg

Next was cutting part of the floor from the main floor section and reassembling the cockpit parts.

cockpit-rebuild1.jpg

After some paint it looked a lot better.

cockpitrepaint2a.jpg

I added some tape seat belts and the control column and glued it into one fuselage half, I taped the other side on to check the fit. I then placed the transparent parts over the cockpit and engineer's station to see how much would actually be seen. I did find that one of the nose pieces was not moulded correctly. Fortunately the short shot section will be hidden under the glazing.

cockpit-install1.jpg

The BII Series I Special was not your standard MKI/II aircraft. A number of the rear fuselage windows were deleted. These have been glued in and puttied over.

rearfuselage.jpg

Finally I have marked the area for the parachute hatch, this will be the next area to be addressed.

parahatchlocation-1.jpg

And here is a shot of the subject aircraft.

148SQNFS-B.jpg

More progress to come

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your exhaust pipes are on upside-down. The horn projection should be on top.

Don't matter, it's a Matchbox build, will be hanging out of a tree getting peppered with slug gun pellets in a day or so :thumbsup: that's what happened to all mine when i was a kid anyhow.

Looks good BTW.