Running a little late and will be slow with updates until my camera is replaced, but here's my entry. This will be the Foxtrot version and according to my research the libyan raiders all had Pave Tack systems so I built the Visual Imaging Display into the right seat panel. The plan is to build 70-2389, the sole aircraft that was lost in the raid and piloted by Fernando L. Ribas-Dominicci and Paul F. Lorence who were both lost as a result.

It looks a little scary zoomed in like this, but I'm hoping it will all pan out when painted and installed. As always, criticisms and suggestions welcomed (and often needed :rolleyes: ). Thanks for looking!

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

Edited by Dax

An update. Preliminary painting and a dry fitting of some of th pit pieces. The seat cushions look a little.... "goopy".... I had the idea of covering them in fabric to give them a bit of texture. Turned out to be a bit too much texture. Looks a little better IRL, but not much.

IMG_0009.jpg'

Edited by Dax
  • 2 weeks later...

On to the nose wheel well- threw out the kit parts as they just had no resemblence to the real thing. I've got my scaling all out of whack and the well isn't nearly deep enough, but it's at least more of an attempt at the real one than Academy made :thumbsup: . The real one is relatively sparse compared to other jets from what I can see, so I tried to just hit the big items.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Edited by Dax

Nice job mate,

That looks really good. I built mine too shallow to in reality, but decided that building it to the right depth was going to result in allot of work to fit the resin cockpit.

Keep the pics coming!!

I built mine too shallow to in reality, but decided that building it to the right depth was going to result in allot of work to fit the resin cockpit.

Makes you wonder how they fit the real thing, doesn't it? lol.

Ok, so I moved on to working of the flaps and slats- barring the fact that I cut the first top set out completely wrong its moving along smoothly. (mental note: check references twice, cut once, check references twice, cut once....).

No pics of the slats cuts yet, but suffice it to say, "check references twice, cut once....". :thumbsup:

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Edited by Dax
  • 2 weeks later...

More work on the flap system the past few days.... not entirely happy with it just yet, but thought I'd post some pics to keep this forum alive :thumbsup:.

I'm not sure about the angle of the flaps, if I can adjust it with the flap extenders or not, but here's a rough positioning of some of the parts involved.

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Edited by Dax

I echo you on this thread dying a death its like a graveyard where have you guys gone?

I admire your scratch building on the wells my skills are nowhere near beng able to do that!

looking forwrd to seeing more!

cheers, dom

Nice work Chris.

The wings are progressing nicely and you're doing a great job.

One thing though. The leading edge slat might be a little too long. You might hav trouble when you go to fit the wings to the fuselage.

Here is a pic of the wing installed and you can see where the slat will foul at the length you have it.

Progress3107pb.jpg

progresstodec175.jpg

I'm not trying to criticise, just trying to save you some :rolleyes:

Cheers

Mark

Thanks, Mark... you're absolutely correct and no offense taken at all on the criticism, it is greatly appreciated. I'm fairly sure I can cut the slats and rebuild the wing correctly. Glad you pointed it out, any later and it could have been a much larger headache.

I didn't realise it when I posted in your thread that my pics show the "cross beam" I added (I thought I had added it after the pics). The diagonals from the gear leg will lay flush with the cross beam somewhat camouflaging it. Like you said, it looks "okay", not as happy with it as I would have liked but it'll do, I think.

Today marks the half way point, if I'm not mistaken...