CF-18 2008 Demo Jet (1:32 Academy) Complete

Finally got this completed, thanks to the timely arrival of the remaining Leading Edge Models decals. I built this for the demonstration pilot himself - he should be stopping by my office in the Bagotville simulation training centre tomorrow to pick it up. Don't know if I want to part with it - :thumbsup:

Built entirely OOB, with the exception of Leading Edge decals. Made the stand out of particle board pieces glued together (heavy and cheap). Humbrol enamels, very light weathering done with a pencil in panel lines and for grease stains from wing folds, leading edge flap actuators, and engines underneath.

IMGP8961.jpg

IMGP8963.jpg

IMGP8971-1.jpg

IMGP8955.jpg

IMGP8957.jpg

Thanks to those who contributed during the build phase, especially Dave Koss of Leading Edge Models and Richard Girouard, photographer for the fantastic reference photos.

ALF (Dan McWilliams)

CF-18 2008 Demo Jet (1:32 Academy) Complete

Finally got this completed, thanks to the timely arrival of the remaining Leading Edge Models decals. I built this for the demonstration pilot himself - he should be stopping by my office in the Bagotville simulation training centre tomorrow to pick it up. Don't know if I want to part with it - :soapbox:

Built entirely OOB, with the exception of Leading Edge decals. Made the stand out of particle board pieces glued together (heavy and cheap). Humbrol enamels, very light weathering done with a pencil in panel lines and for grease stains from wing folds, leading edge flap actuators, and engines underneath.

Thanks to those who contributed during the build phase, especially Dave Koss of Leading Edge Models and Richard Girouard, photographer for the fantastic reference photos.

ALF (Dan McWilliams)

I have Been watching this one ALF18, great work :thumbsup::woot.gif:

Edited by drhornii

With just on 2 weeks to go, good to see these last minute entries taking the number 3 wire. Nice work all round. Remember, if you have finished a Hornet, try to get an article to Steve Bamford for the home page for November 18 - the 30th anniversary of the first flight (4 days away).

• 2 weeks later...

Good work everyone - some very nice builds, and thanks to those who sent articles to Steve. Have to agree with Ken that it's a very good collection of finished Harriers and Hornets.

Just over a week to go. Pull fingers for those who would like to be in the raffle (and those certain others who don't want to sacrifice their stash...).

I took pics of the 1/1 about a year ago and gave them to Creighton. He put just got them out in Sep. I used MAW's F-18A+ nose and a Aries cockpit.

Some of the best Decals that I have used Creighton :D

009cq3.jpg

025ec5.jpg

014ax2.jpg

012yt8.jpg

017nq2.jpg

022dp5.jpg

Edited by SSgtd6152

Hey everyone,

My intention was to build three VFC-12 Fighting Omars jets. Uh…plans changed. Instead, I decided on two Omars and one VMFA-251 jet.

This is Monogram’s old 1/48 “A-18 Strike Fighter†boxing. It’s a combo of the Monogram parts, some Hasegawa ordnance, some Testors 1/48 Hornet parts, some scratched parts, and Two Bobs decals.

I’m still working on two VFC-12 jets that will be done by the deadline.

On to the pix!

DSC04286.jpg

DSC04263.jpg

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04273.jpg

DSC04275.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration throughout this build!

Cheers,

-O

I’M DONE!

Just in under the deadline…

OK, the two seater’s a Testors kit, and the single seater’s Monogram’s old “A-18 Strike Fighter†boxing. Both are 1/48 and painted with MM enamels. Two Bobs decals were used and both were weathered with watercolor washes and pastels.

The TACTS pods, LEX fences, blade antennae, a pair of AOA sensors, seeker head covers, and one of the –B models nose gear doors were scratched. In the –B bird, the seatbelts were cut from masking tape.

They’re not 100% accurate, nor are they contest winners. Shucks, they’re barely 3-footers! (I was using them more as some test builds than anything.) Still, I’m glad they’re done.

Here are a few pix:

DSC04306.jpg

DSC04290.jpg

DSC04291.jpg

DSC04292.jpg

DSC04289.jpg

DSC04302.jpg

Cont…

Edited by oortiz10