I think I'm in, but I'm not sure what the GB rules are. Any USMC Hornet OK?

Anyway, I'm planning on using MAW's Mach Altus Crusaders decals, and haven't decided if I'll put them on a Monogram or Hasegawa (1/48)

OK, I will join in with the following......

1/72 Hasegawa CF-18 (409 sq special)

1/72 Fujimi CF-18 (410 2007 airshow bird)

1/72 Acadamy CF-18 (AETE) all to recieve (as of now ) Canmilair decals. Thinking of doing all 3 as a article comparing the 3 best models to each other with simular paint schemes and load outs to keep it fair. Just the tail designs would be different.

Also a 1/48 Hasegawa CF-18 in Leading Edge 441 squadron D-day anniversary markings.

Edited by phantom

Could the mods confirm that this was a real aircraft - and eligable for the GB please?

AA_Hasegawa_F-18C_box001.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 F-18C, bought in 1994 for £8.99. Decal options VFA-195 "Dambusters", or VFA-192 "Golden Dragons", both US Navy.

AA_Hasegawa_F-18C_box002.jpg

I've got one reference book for F-18s - which doesn't mention either of these squadrons.

Does anybody know how VFA-195 came to be known as "Dambusters"?

To me, Dambusters is 617 Squadron RAF, and Golden Dragon is a local Chinese takeaway!

Depending how fast EricYY can process my order and get it to me, I might enter a new Academy 1/72nd F/A-18C with either Royal Maces (VFA-27??) or TwoBobs "Aflac" decals.

• 3 weeks later...

From Craig Sergeant suggestion, i m submitting my Academy 1/72 F/A-18C into this group build. It all started in May. I bought an Academy new release the 1/72 F-16CG/CJ.

It was a successful build thus before i completed it, i already about the F/A-18 from the same series. Thus i have documented my build for both aircraft and currently still working on the hornet.