Interesting Discovery

So today I was rifling through my Hasegawa F-14 kits when I discovered that my F-14A Tophatters boxing had included the GE F-110 Fairings and the shrouds. There were attached to the sprue that holds the vertical stabilizers. Also more interesting, when I looked through my F-14B VF-32 boxing, the same sprue had the F-14D IP panels!

So I've noticed that some boxings actually have enough parts (possibly because they were not cut off after the molding process) to build a D from a B, and a B from an A if you have spare GE nozzles!

I'm not sure if this is news or not, but do check in your F-14 boxings for spare parts that may come from seemingly empty sprues, because I think many boxings have B/D parts that are not supposed to be there.

Benson

Just to make things clear: When I mean had included, I mean it had the extra parts as well as the kit described parts. My theory is that Hasegawa just molds everything as one huge sprue, then cuts what they don't need, remelts it and molds again. Which is good for us modelers if the workers get lazy or tired. =)

Edited by stealthy1

One thing I've found lately is in the CVW-14 boxing, the LANTIRN pylon is included.

One of my commision customers sent me 2 last week and when I opened them to inspect them, the LATIRN pylon parts were in there.

qustion to stealthy1 i am intersed in the hasagwa f-14's and i have these box numbers 9786,vf-14 9776,vf-84 9797, vf-2 bounty hunters 9814, vf-213 black lions so my qustion is if you have any of these can u let me know witch ons have parts to make B and D models out of if you know please list :thumbsup: