172 Airliner Kits?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in the following injection molded kits?

• 737-200
    • 737-300/400/500
    • 737NG
    • DC-9
    • MD-8x Series
    • A318-321 Series
    • Canadair/Bombardier RJ Series
    • 727-100/200

This is *purely* theoretical. People will always add selections that I didn't put in the poll, but this is just to judge interest, not to set a release list.

I'd be talking about mainstream injection molded kits (not Eastern European short run stuff), with some innovative design ideas to possibly incorporate the option of clear or solid windows, seamless intake ducts, semi-detailed gear wells, etc. We're not talking about super dooper detail stuff, but good basic shapes, accurate details, and high quality decals.

Tell me what you think!

J

You know, a lot of those would be neat to see in 1/72. However, I'm just not sure how well you could sell them because of the price. Theoretically, do you think they would be cheaper than Welsh Models' 1/72 stuff?

You know, a lot of those would be neat to see in 1/72. However, I'm just not sure how well you could sell them because of the price. Theoretically, do you think they would be cheaper than Welsh Models' 1/72 stuff?

Almost certainly. And more accurate. And easier to build. And with many more features and innovation.

J

CRJ/ERJ/SAAB 340/King Air/Learjet/Shorts 330 & 360/Jetstream 32/Beechjet (T-1A)

The King Air, Lear, and Beechjet would be good in 1/48, along with a Falcon 20.

I had forgotten about the Shorts Pig and Turbo Pig! :thumbsup:

Ben

I voted for the early 727 series. What I would really love to see however is a brand spanker new 747-100/200 series. Think of all the configuration options or decal possibilities! One can dream anyway!

Edited by James
J, you forgot to add a line 'All of the Above' :thumbsup:

Robert

As with Robert, I'd be happy with anything! :woot.gif: Of course, a Super VC-10 would be the best option.... :D But out of the list, I voted for the A320 series. An A320 in BA colours would be perfect!

Trevor still does, and I have mentioned a 1:72nd VC-10 with a Super VC-10 option to him... :thumbsup: With BOAC markings of course... He wasn't dismissive about that suggestion to put it that way, but not promising anything either.

Jens

I voted for the 737-200 & 727 but I'd probably only get one of each - that's awful big for a display case. The CRJs would be nice since they are small for the proper airliners scale (144, of course!)

CRJ/ERJ/SAAB 340/King Air/Learjet/Shorts 330 & 360/Jetstream 32/Beechjet (T-1A)

Regional/Commuter stuff would be REALLY cool. There are so many options out there for this stuff. Who was it that built that sweet looking AWACS Saab? Embraer has the same thing with their ERJ-145. A King Air Series? Are you kidding me? I would be in styrene heaven- but I would need some of this in 1/48...

How about a 1/72nd scale release of the ATR-42 and/or the EMB-145 or an ACCURATE DHC-8 (I know we'll never see it). These would satisfy those of us that build airliners and those of us that like build military subjects as well. I just can't get excited anymore to see another F-16 or Me109 version whatever by Tamihasetrumpeter or whomever..... sorry for the whining.

Oh yeah, a 1/48th scale Twin Otter would be awsome too.

Alex

Edited by skidbuggy
I'm pretty sure I can grant that request for a Learjet in 1/48 :)

I guess I should've been more specific, since there is already a 23(?) and 35 available, shouldn't I. How about a 31? I've always thought that was the best-looking of all of the Lears. Or do you know something? (nudge, nudge)

Ben

How about a 1/72nd scale release of the ATR-42 and/or the EMB-145 or an ACCURATE DHC-8 (I know we'll never see it). These would satisfy those of us that build airliners and those of us that like build military subjects as well. I just can't get excited anymore to see another F-16 or Me109 version whatever by Tamihasetrumpeter or whomever..... sorry for the whining.

Alex

Alex, brother, I feel your pain. :thumbsup:

I've been waiting since 1999 for the promised Model Craft Canada 1/48 Twotter. The guy told me at the RCHTA show in Chicago that year that the tooling was basically done, and the kit would be out in a few months. Let's see, that was nine years ago....

J