172 Airliner Kits?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in the following injection molded kits?

• 737-200
    • 737-300/400/500
    • 737NG
    • DC-9
    • MD-8x Series
    • A318-321 Series
    • Canadair/Bombardier RJ Series
    • 727-100/200

Would love to see some more 1/72 or 1/48 kits of the popular private/regional jets...Falcon 900 series, Cessna's Citation X, Gulstream V, Bombardier Global Flyer, possibly the newer Lears, Challenger 601...etc

Also...Dash-8 series (up to the Q400) would be nice in 1/72 :worship:

• 1 month later...

I'm with VC-10.... but for me, it's gotta be a 'Super". After all.... my car license plate is G-ASGH, and my business logo is a profile of an SVC !

Airfix huh? It would have good ptential with the military modellers given that the RAF is still flying them....

.... but please, make it the Super.... we're pretty good at shortening things !!!

Russ

Airline Hobby Supplies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This is *purely* theoretical. People will always add selections that I didn't put in the poll, but this is just to judge interest, not to set a release list.

I'd be talking about mainstream injection molded kits (not Eastern European short run stuff), with some innovative design ideas to possibly incorporate the option of clear or solid windows, seamless intake ducts, semi-detailed gear wells, etc. We're not talking about super dooper detail stuff, but good basic shapes, accurate details, and high quality decals.

Tell me what you think!

J

I love baby busses!

Anyway, I read that somebody already released a vac-formed A320 in 1/72!

It really looks like the CRJ is a winner. Sadly, there are really no models affordable enough, yet the CRJ is such a common aircraft to streak our skies. It is a sharp looking aircraft. Plus, the airplane can be in the 200-900 range. I also love the Embarer lines too.

Do you think we will ever see a project of sorts come out one day?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have (all in 1/72) a 707, 727, 737, and a 747. A DC-10-30, and DC-8 on order. I'm waiting on the 757, 767, and the 777. Mr. Neil Gaunt of Aircraft In Miniture Limited tells me he has plans to produce in the future the 757, 767 and the 777. He does however, have several other projects pressing at the moment so it may be a while. Neil also has said he would like to get some good drawings of the C-5. I would like for him to get some good drawings of the C-5. I ordered one a long time ago from the company that produced the one Paul Boyer built several years ago in Scale Modeler Magazine. They took my money and then went under. No refund and no C-5. I understand I was one of many to suffer that fate. Still want a big C-5.

Paul

As Paul has said, we have the 757 masters complete, and the moulds exist for the 767-200, so they are relatively easy. I look forward to us doing the 777. The thing is we also want to bring the Rug Rat Resins range back into play, so after the A310 we will concentrate on resins for a while. On that subject, the majority of the masters will probably be computer generated - if anyone looks at the resin parts in the DC-8 and DC-10 they will understand why we are so pleased with them. The radome on the DC-8 with it's chin intakes and lightning conductor stripes is a source of joy to us! Again the subjects will be announced as they come along. Incidentally the Avro 748 was remastered just before we launched into CAD/CAM so some parts of that are CAD generated and some not!!! Sufficient to say that some subjects are from the 50s and some from today.

Finally, if we could lay hands on good info for a C-5 we might make some people very happy...

Neil Gaunt

Aircraft In Miniature Limited

Edited by tnuag