Another bad trader on 'Great'models.com

On May 19th I ordered a kit from Greatmodels and paid immediately via Paypal.

Later that day I receive an email saying 'Thank you for the Paypal payment. It has been placed in your account. We will ship your order as soon as possible. '

Now the waiting for the parcel starts, but on May 29th I get an email from Paypal. The title of the email is 'declined shipping' and when I log into Paypal it seems that Greatmodels wants me to pay an additional 16,65 for some reason. They did not email me or state in their moneyrequest on paypal why I would have to pay an additional 16,65.

Of course I send an email asking what this is all about as I already paid shipping when I checked out on their website. I thought I'd send it to the addy for urgent matters so I'd get a quick reply.

Now today, June 2nd I finally get a reply saying:

'After rechecking your order, it is actually $6.65 that you were short on your shipping costs. If you send the $6.65, we will be able to ship your order right out to you.'

So is it 16,65 or 6,65? And why have shippingprices on your website if they are not correct anyway? I picked them cause their shipping seemed decent and cause I could check out using paypal. I think their customer service absolutely sucks and this practice isn't fair at all.

Koen

Koen, if I were you I'd cancel my order and tell GM to take a hike! Save yourself the grief.

They fouled up shipping my order and were supposed to reimburse me the difference, that has yet to happen. When I called them to find out why, I was told they would only reimburse me when they receieved the items back??? What has that to do with the excess shipping costs they charged?

I ended up contacting my credit card company and they charged it back to GM, let GM have the headache now! They will not see another penny (or order) from me - EVER!

Regardless of what others may say about the "wonderful" experience(s) they've had with GM, it does not diminish the absolutely atrocious customer service (or lack there of) that many other have experienced.

As I've said elsewhere with regard to GM, if they closed their doors tomorrow, I for one, would not be shedding any tears.

If you can get the items you want from Squadron or Hannants, send your business there - even if it costs you a little more, at least you know things will be handled professionally and without the headaches that GM gives out in spades.