Thanks again for looking, guys!

I really want to start one of my Hawks, alas i must wait for a proper cockpit set.

Which version are you going to build that needs a particular cockpit?

As for my progress I completed painting the rear bulkhead and started the cargo floor.

Will post pics ASAP.

Here are some progess pics as promised.

Finished painting the rear bulkhead

pavehawk36ld1.th.jpg

A little step by step of how I did the anti slip srtipes on the cargo floor

pavehawk37rv4.th.jpg

And eventually a dry fit of some interior parts

pavehawk38ls2.th.jpg

Which version are you going to build that needs a particular cockpit?

i would like to do the academy/minicraft K but the lack of detail in the pit has slowed my enthusiasm and i wait patiently for CC to go back online. oh, i do 48 scale!

nice detail on your last update. looks really nice.

semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever

Thanks guys, your interest and support spurns me!

i would like to do the academy/minicraft K but the lack of detail in the pit has slowed my enthusiasm and i wait patiently for CC to go back online. oh, i do 48 scale!

I figured out you were talking 1/48, since there's no K in 1/35.

Cobra Co.'s products are very valuable additions for our models. Let's hope Mr.Miller will get well soon, not only for his products of course!

Here is today's progress: painted some intruments (all Cobra's stuff except the IP which is Eduard's PE)

pavehawk39hj4.th.jpg

pavehawk40vi3.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again, guys!

These days I fiddled around with some items to place in the interior: M-16, M-4 and a 40mm AmmoBox

pavehawk41nn1.th.jpg

The ammo box will be used instead of the gunnes' seats

I primed the roof after adding the final details:

pavehawk43gi2.th.jpg

A detail pic of the intercom (scratch built):

pavehawk42ux6.th.jpg

Pieces are sloooowly coming together ...

Looking really good.

I know exactly how ya feel, w/ things slowly coming together. Im concerned I wont have my '53 done by the deadline, and we still have 4 months. Guess I'll need to get working on my Pave Hawk, just so I can have something done by the deadline.

Nice work Avus as per usual. Love checking in for your updates.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

Thank you Andrew.

I'm glad you have the patience to follow my (slow) progress and that you like it.

Looking really good.

I know exactly how ya feel, w/ things slowly coming together. Im concerned I wont have my '53 done by the deadline, and we still have 4 months. Guess I'll need to get working on my Pave Hawk, just so I can have something done by the deadline.

Thanks Adam.

Judging by what you've started (seats on your 53) I can understand your worries. But I believe that working slowly will get us there ... one day! :lol:

Awesome interior. :woot.gif: It is coming together very well. Just great work.

More, please.

Thank you, too, Mason.

I'll do my best to speed up a little and satisfy your eagerness for updates.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to make some progress and a mistake!

First the mistake:

I was convinced the Eduard's PE set had the mesh for the tail gear so I cut out the hole for it, BUT no mesh; I'll have to make one myself.

pavehawk44xi1.th.jpg

I eventually completed the side bulkheads adding some wires and the "oh-sh**-button". Here is one after priming:

pavehawk45hf6.th.jpg

Added Cobra Co's Intakes :

pavehawk46em8.th.jpg

And finished painting the crew's weapons:

pavehawk53vv2.th.jpg

I won't say anything about making more and faster progress since it never works! :thumbsup:

Edited by Avus

Got a question for ya. I finally started my PH tonight. And got some pretty major fit issues w/ the interior floor pan not wanting to fit inside the fuselage. I noticed that you added plastic around the edges of the floor to make it fit, and you added material to the fuselage so that rear panel fits.

But did you have to do anything to the tub thats on the bottom side of the floor pan? It seems like mine is way too large, causing the floor to be shoved up out of place. It doesnt come anywhere near lining up w/ the door opening.

Once again, thanks for looking and commenting, guys.

I'm starting to fear that I won't do it for Jan 1st. The more so considering that I have to do two figures for Oct 24th and thus I will have to pause on this helo for some time.

Adam I replied to your questions on your thread.

DAMN! I was so enjoying your build!

Andrew :cheers:

Thanks Andrew!

I didn't say I was quitting just that I have to do a thing before comleting this one.

And I hope to have a few more updates before the pause ... :D I did it again: promising progress!