Had I known I'd stir things up like that I never would have said anything!

Thank you for the interst you've shown and for keeping me in line: I'll see if I can proceed with both projects in order to complete them both in time.

NO DELAYS!

wow. great work!

Grazie! :thumbsup:

So, here's this weekend's progress:

The cyclic stick (added Cobra Co's grip and wire)

pavehawk58ko2.th.jpg

The overhead instruments (Cobra Co's resin and Eduard's PE)

pavehawk54or8.th.jpg

The rear instrument panel (Cobra Co)

pavehawk55rg7.th.jpg

The main instrument panel (Cobra Co's resin and Eduard's PE)

pavehawk56zk8.th.jpg

One of the doors (not the band) (Cobra Co's resin and Eduard's PE)

pavehawk57hf1.th.jpg

I swear the other door looks exactly like this one ... well not exactly exactly!

Edited by Avus
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dan and Charles!

Just to nit pick but your power control levers (the center two handles on the upper console) are in the idle position.

Thanks for the information. My helicopter will be on the ground after a mission so with all systems turned off.

Would the position of the power levers be correct for this state?

You'll be asking: if your helo has the systems turned off why are the instruments of the main IP turned on?

Answer: because that photo etch was like that! :explode:

Here is a link to some detail pics of an Army UH-60A.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have more?

Edited by Avus

I was just giving you a hard time about the power levers. I wouldnt mess with perfection, no one will notice once its in place. One thing I did notice is that you are missing the tracks that the pilots seats set on. If there are any particular shots that you need let me know and I will try to head into the shop to get them this weekend.

Dan

Thanks Rocat, Dan (both of you) and Adam.

Adam, the aftermarket stuff really adds detail but, as I said earlier, it's not enough; there is still a lot to scratch.

Dan (marine4ever) there's nothing to be jalous about: you two helos are outstanding pieces of work.

I'm sure as soon as you get your cockpit-kit you'll build a superior MH-60K: you've already proven good at Army helos!

If I understood correctly what you're talking about, Dan (Rotor_head_Dan) those rails are attached to the seat in the kit.

But thanks for the offer to take pics: if you still have the chance I'd take anything you can get.

Hope to have an update later today.

Edited by Avus

Got another question for ya.

I noticed on mine, the curved pieces that go around the windows for the gunner & the crew chief, there's a huge gap around the window, and along the door opening for the troop doors. Did you have this happen, and if so, what did you do to correct it?

And do you have a huge gap along the roof panel? Im thinking about putting in a .010" sheet that covers almost the entire roof of the interior, to cover the visible gap.

Got another question for ya.

Actually they are two?! :woot.gif:

I noticed on mine, the curved pieces that go around the windows for the gunner & the crew chief, there's a huge gap around the window, and along the door opening for the troop doors. Did you have this happen, and if so, what did you do to correct it?

Yes, gaps a-go-go! I used putty and a piece of Eduard's PE on the cargo entrance.

This picture should claify:

pavehawk62ju8.th.jpgthpix.gif

And do you have a huge gap along the roof panel? Im thinking about putting in a .010" sheet that covers almost the entire roof of the interior, to cover the visible gap.

Been there done that: had the same problem and adopted the same solution.

Edited by Avus

Now to the promised progress.

Sides:

pavehawk60vl1.th.jpg

Roof:

pavehawk59ee3.th.jpg

Started painting the pilot:

pavehawk61hj1.th.jpg

My better half asked why I painted the back of the pilot, since it won't be seen once in place ... she can't understand! :woot.gif:

I hope to be done with the interior next week-end.

Edited by Avus

Ah, I see you attached the sides to the fuselage. I built the interior & then put it inside the fuselage. Unfortunately the gap is so large I dont think that putty alone will work.

I think for the gaps around the window Im going to put in pieces of .020" styrene and hopefully it'll fill the gap mostly. For the gap around the door, Im going to use my contour gauge to get the shape of the interior part, and then hopefully I'll get it cut close enough that I wont need any putty to fill that one.

Thanks Charles!

Ah, I see you attached the sides to the fuselage. I built the interior & then put it inside the fuselage. Unfortunately the gap is so large I dont think that putty alone will work.

I think for the gaps around the window Im going to put in pieces of .020" styrene and hopefully it'll fill the gap mostly. For the gap around the door, Im going to use my contour gauge to get the shape of the interior part, and then hopefully I'll get it cut close enough that I wont need any putty to fill that one.

I made some dry-fittings and figured that glueing the side bulkheads to the fuselage before putting the halves together would be the best solution.

Using styrene to fill seems the best solution.

Outstanding work there Avus! i do enjoy popping in and out of your updates to see what you've done and the comments of others.

Keep up the good work! I'd hate to know the value of everything you've put into it in aftermarket gear when it's finished.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks Dan, Andrew and Dave!

Your appreciations really spurn me to contiune to work on this messy model.

I'll do my very best to complete it before the deadline.

In the event that I shouldn't complete it for that date I'll continue to work on this model and I'll keep bugging you with updates.

Before you start yelling at me again: THIS IS JUST AN HYPOTHESIS! :D

Thanks Dan, Andrew and Dave!

Your appreciations really spurn me to contiune to work on this messy model.

I'll do my very best to complete it before the deadline.

In the event that I shouldn't complete it for that date I'll continue to work on this model and I'll keep bugging you with updates.

Before you start yelling at me again: THIS IS JUST AN HYPOTHESIS! :lol:

anyone that can use the word hypothesis in a sentence about modeling is O.K. in my book!!!

semper fi

Dan

Yes it would since the APU is running all systems would still be on until you turn them all off prior to shutting down so you are correct in having the MFD's on with the PCL's (Poewer Control Lever's) as we call them at idle, It would also be correct to have the PCL's in the off position and have the systems on too. Great job looks awesome Erick

Thanks Dan and Charles!

Thanks for the information. My helicopter will be on the ground after a mission so with all systems turned off.

Would the position of the power levers be correct for this state?

You'll be asking: if your helo has the systems turned off why are the instruments of the main IP turned on?

Answer: because that photo etch was like that! :wub:

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have more?