I agree with your wife, it's a shame to cover up that amazing paint work on those pilot figures. Fortunately you can take a picture of them and share it with us before they take up their position. Stunning work!!! :worship:

:popcorn:

Mark

• 1 month later...

After more tha a month eventually I have an update!

First off the model that made me "betray" this GB:

asterixcj0.th.jpg

Second the update:

Finished pilot, just have to add the microphone

pavehawk64bb9.th.jpg

Finished the seats:

pavehawk65mm8.th.jpg

Finished side bulkheads

pavehawk63im6.th.jpg

Finished lower interior

pavehawk66wk4.th.jpg

Added the mistakenly removed mesh

pavehawk67ey4.th.jpg

After more tha a month eventually I have an update!

Second the update:

Finished pilot, just have to add the microphone

pavehawk64bb9.th.jpg

What a great job. Never realized how crowded a Blackhawk could get until I saw your interior! Now I see why the AF is looking for a much larger aircraft to replace it.

I really like your pilot figure, you did a great job on it. Only one note - being an airforce helicopter, I think the crew would have grey helmets, not green like the army.

Regards,

John

Edited by 11bee

Thanks to all of you!

Dan why don't you get back to build your dull gray marine helicopters and leave my "real" airforce helo in peace! :bandhead2:

Thanks for the heads up John. From the pictures I gathered on the web, I've seen the airforce use green helmets, too. But I'll keep this in mind for the other figutes that I'll add to this dio.

Thanks Mason!

Fortunately the exterior is more accurate than the interior so the kit and the aftermarket I have should do the trick.

BTW, what's wrong with "dull gray marine" helos? :cheers:

Nothing, it's just that I had to throw something back at Dan for saying: "ahhh Geeez Avus, that stuff sucks!!!!! " and that was the best I could come up with.

I have two of those helos in the stash myself!

Thanks to all of you!

Dan why don't you get back to build your dull gray marine helicopters and leave my "real" airforce helo in peace! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up John. From the pictures I gathered on the web, I've seen the airforce use green helmets, too. But I'll keep this in mind for the other figutes that I'll add to this dio.

:thumbsup: oh now you've done it! i may have to start a three tone Marine helo now!!!

Semper fi

Dan

fffzn8.th.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever

Today's update sets a milestone in my build: the fuselage halves are toghether! :yahoo:

Added microphone to the pilot's helmet:

pavehawk68cx2.th.jpg

An overview of the interior; the wires are for the minigun and the ammo chutes were a pain in the ... to install:

pavehawk69di0.th.jpg

Eventually the two halves are together!

pavehawk70eo1.th.jpg

Installed winshield and dry fitting:

pavehawk71xb6.th.jpg

After taking this picture I realized that I forgot to install the rear wheel!!! :o

Now I have to come up with a smart idea on how to install it without separating the fuselage halves! :explode:

Awesome job man. I tell ya, having all the junk in the cabin makes it look so much better. I have to say that i think thats the one thing I really dont like about mine, how empty the cabin looks, knowing that it wouldn't ever look like that.

Thanks guys!

Sorry Mason, I oversaw your post! Accept my humble apologies. :cheers:

The rear gear was on my mind during supper and the prime time show (NCIS), BUT I figured someting out: I make a sheet-plastic-copy of the bottom, cut the original away, open the fittings, place the wheel and put the bottom-copy back on.

If you didn't understand a word of what I said, wait for the next update, because I know what I'm doing ... this time! :P