Oh man, very cool. I really like that. Do you know if the gear box for the Echo would be similar to that?

Looked like that was fairly easy to build, and thats the sort of thing that would be right up my alley for my build, hahahahah.

What do you plan on using for the mesh screens? Im stuck on what to use for mine, since I dont have any idea if Im going to be able to afford to buy the Eduard PE that has hte mess screens.

Thanks everyone.

As far as I know, the tail gear box did not really change too much. Might be a bit more up to date, but my memory doesn't want to remember that detail.

So what would Dan and I call it? "Two Old Marines Resin?" Besides - why should we deprive you of the "joy" in scratch building your own? :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark. Good to hear from you again.

Quick update before I hit the rack.

Worked on the Tail Pylon Fold Hinge a bit. Had to remove the old hinge joint. They were too anemic and really would not support the tail Fold. The new ones are made from evergreen, and I am actually placing a hinge in bothe the upper and lower joints. The main reason for this, is to ensure that I am getting the correct angle on the pylon when it is actually folded. I had to cut out my first attempt, and with the larger holes I had to reinforce them a bit more. Will have to do some touch up work and fine tuning later but here is what I have.

Hinge1.jpg

Hand held together just to give you an idea of what it will look like.

Hinge2.jpg

That hinge is looking good.

Thanks everyone.

As far as I know, the tail gear box did not really change too much. Might be a bit more up to date, but my memory doesn't want to remember that detail.

So what would Dan and I call it? "Two Old Marines Resin?" Besides - why should we deprive you of the "joy" in scratch building your own? :)

With a company name like that, how could you go wrong, the logo almost draws itself. And after working on the kit and reribbing the interior with plumbing, rebuilding the rotor blades and head with plumbing, plumbing the cockpit and creating the gear box etc, I'd probably need someone to steal some "joy." :thumbsup: Oh, and adding the mesh.

Of course, maybe it should be "Two Old Marines Resin & Plumbing."

mason

Continueing on with the Tail Plyon (Fold Hinge area) I have added the bulkhead and some additional details. There is alot more to add to this bulkhead, but I wanted to show you where I started with it.

PylonBulkhead.jpg

The Hydraulic lines that are showing are only tacked down at the lower right. I just have the basic bends in place with the rest hanging loose for now. Alot more to add - pics coming soon.

Change of pace - decided to work on the main gear struts and wheel wells.

For the wheel well, I used a couple parts from the Eduard Echo set. Just a few slight mods and one small strip of evergreen and they were blocked off. (Not that anyone will actually see that)

MainGear1.jpg

On the strut itself, I used wire (red) a small piece of evergreen and an MU cable made by details west (model train stuff) I used the MU cable because it is soft metal that is easily bent, had the right diameter for what I wanted and it holds it shape well.

MainGear2.jpg

Special note: Some of you may have noticed that the plastic kit parts that I am using have two different colors. I have about 15 of these kits laying around and I am working from a couple of them at once. Sounds a bit odd - but there is a method to my madness (just don't ask me what it is)

I got the Eduard pe for the same reason, that and the horrible kits EAPS. Are you going to use all of the side pieces, do they fit OK? And what about filling those gaps without killing the rivets?

Great work. :popcorn:

mason

I will end up using the EAPS pe on my Delta build. I will not be using the side pieces in the wheel wells. For one, they would not really fit well, especially since the mounting system for the mlg struts are in the sides of the wells, not the bottom like the echo kit. Mainly I just wanted to cover the glaring holes on the outer sections of the wells.

I am going to have to bite the bullet on the rivets - there is no other way to fill that seam. Will just have to add rivets after I sand it all smooth. Will do all of that prior to mounting sponson to fuselage - should make laying in the new rivets alot simpler.

lookin' good harold! it seams as if our thought process is running along the same lines. i too am working from three kits to find the best fit. and am also using PE in the wheel wells but not all. as for the rivets that's my quandry as well and i guess i'll just have to accept the fact that it's gonna happen. nice work

semper fi

Dan

Thanks Dan and Mason,

I don't think I would be as motivated to do all of this if it were not for you two and your builds. I am really having a blast doing this build and I am already looking forward to my next build. You guys are doing outstanding work, I just hope I can keep pace with you two.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Dan and Mason,

I don't think I would be as motivated to do all of this if it were not for you two and your builds. I am really having a blast doing this build and I am already looking forward to my next build. You guys are doing outstanding work, I just hope I can keep pace with you two.

Thank you for your amazing work. You two have been more help than I could have expected. It's made my build that much easier and probably better than what I would have done on my own.

So my thanks go out to you and Dan.

mason