• 3 weeks later...

LOL - ya - I have been busy.

Son is back in Iraq, my daughter in law and grand daughter left today to head back to Germany and I just got back from the IPMS Region 9 show in Fresno. So that BBQ is now officially over :)

No pictures, but I was able to work on my IP and the cockpit area. Most recent addition are the insturment backs that will have all the wiring harnesses attached to. I will give you guys a photo update before the end of the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL - I was waiting for one of you guys to pipe up :thumbsup:

I will post some tomorrow - had to have my camera fixed so a friend is bring over thier camera to take some pics for me. (I know - sad excuse and everyone has one)

One thing that I am having fits with though are the gears I need for the blade fold. I have been looking all around for some small ones, going to go to the watch repair guy tomorrow and see if I can order what I need through him.

LOL - I was waiting for one of you guys to pipe up :thumbsup:

I will post some tomorrow - had to have my camera fixed so a friend is bring over thier camera to take some pics for me. (I know - sad excuse and everyone has one)

One thing that I am having fits with though are the gears I need for the blade fold. I have been looking all around for some small ones, going to go to the watch repair guy tomorrow and see if I can order what I need through him.

that's smart Harold i would never have thought of that!!!

semper fi

Dan

Well - I struck out at the watch shop. Now to the dreaded ebay to see what I can find in the way of gears.

Here is a pic of the cockpit. I started to paint the basics, I enlarged the center console, added an extension to the end of it also for the landing gear lever box, and scratch built a HAC side circuit breaker box. Not seen is the IP which is waiting for the wiring (already have the rear insturments attached.) Also shown is the beginning of the paint process for the MRH. Not going to do much more on that until I can locate some gears for the fold.

cockpitpaint.jpg

I also found a few pics that had been scanned from a loooong time ago. The first one was taken when I first started to crew and the second one was taken years later over PI.

scan0012.jpg

scan0002.jpg

FINALLY! :P

Great work, your rotor head is awesome, and nice pics, which squadron were you in? I see 361 in the first pic.

What kind of gears are you looking for, sizewise? I think there is a watch repair place on my way to work, I can check it out, if it would help.

mason

OK, it turns out my wife had purchased a grab bag of assorted watch pieces from here, LINK, be careful, it is a scrapbooking related link. I will take a pic tomorrow of the pieces, if you like.

I have taken the grab bag for my bits stash, lots of neat stuff, but only after dropping it all over the floor :P

mason

Thanks for the commentary. Yes - I was in 361. Also did time in 462, 465, HMX-1 and HMT-301

I am looking for really small gears - 2-3mm wide. I am looking for a pic that I have mispalced that shows the gearing really well on the folded head. I need 6 identical ones - might get by with fewer - depending on how easy they are to cut up.

Thanks for the commentary. Yes - I was in 361. Also did time in 462, 465, HMX-1 and HMT-301

I am looking for really small gears - 2-3mm wide. I am looking for a pic that I have mispalced that shows the gearing really well on the folded head. I need 6 identical ones - might get by with fewer - depending on how easy they are to cut up.

I have a couple gears that might work, two or three, but not six, and the watch repair place is now gone, sorry.

mason

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys (hangs head in shame)

Sorry, but life has gotten in the way. My mom's health took a turn for the worse and that has occupied ALOT of time. My building has been on a standstill, but it looks like I may be returing to the build soon. She has gotten alot better and finally returned to work this week. Not going to bore with details.

I am going to try and jam through this since I also have to get ready for my trip to Europe. My son made it back to Germany safe and sound from his Iraq deployment so his mom and I are flying over to see them in Germany on January 20th. I will be in Germany/Europe until the April 6th. (So if anyone wants me to pickup something for them, let me know - we can make arrangements. - OR, I suppose if there are some of you European guys over there that want me to bring something over for you when I head out - let me know)

As to the update - cockpit is done, interior ribbing and wiring is complete. Just adding a few final touched and the seating then I am closing her up. I will update more within the week along with links to pics since it seems some changes have been made to pic posting since I was last online.