could I ask what type of filler you are using on the winks, it looks like paint almost.

That's Mr. Surfacer.

Thank you Niki..the problem with Hann is that i'd have to buy goodies of at least 30pounds for a 3 pound intake :(

As the F-7 has two guns, I had to make the second gun blast shield.

DSCF4256.JPG

DSCF4257.JPG

DSCF4258.JPG

DSCF4259.JPG

DSCF4260.JPG

I made a template on paper which i then stuck on a thin styrene sheet.

After i cut it, i glued it on the fuselage. As soon as it's fixed well, I'll sand it a little.

I think i found a way around the nose problem...

i found some vacuformed tiny semispheres (from a package ). i cut off a hole, reshaped the piece and fit it around the pavla cone:

The result was quick and decent:

DSCF4266.JPG

DSCF4265.JPG

Very promising models again as usual from you. Isn't the Chengdu canopy slightly more bubble-like than the MiG-21 F-13 canopy ? The top of the nose of the Revell kit is slightly off I think. Slightly too straight and concave where the intake part joins the fuselage (a bit like the top of a glass Coke bottle). The top of the nose should be very slightly convex perhaps ?

Edited by Laurent

I think both your observations are correct Laurent.

With the canopy, there's not much i can do...i'm not into vacuforming.

I'll leave it open in any case, so that the unique rear hinged feature can be clearly seen .

The nose is difficult to correct, i'll try to add more material on top...so that i can cover the concave area.

I'm always a bit fussy about nose and canopy shape issues :blink:

I'll leave it open in any case, so that the unique rear hinged feature can be clearly seen .

That should do.

I'm always a bit fussy about nose and canopy shape issues :D

That should do.

I'm the same, if they are wrong, and you close the canopy, it can make the whole model just look off. Dissapointly so in the Rog Tornado.

love these builds edd!

if i may suggest, u may want to replace the front windscreen on the F-7: IIRC its not the same shape as the f-13s

you might be able to get away with painting it though

as for armament the iraqi F-7s you may want to give them magics/PL-7s

pl-7_1.jpg

I don't know...i'll be soon making an Iraqi 21Bis which i want to arm with Matra...i'll find something else for the Chengdu...

Maybe i'll make it a "flying katyusha" with two Ub-16 and two Ub-32 rocket launcers.

I think i found a way around the nose problem...

i found some vacuformed tiny semispheres (from a package ). i cut off a hole, reshaped the piece and fit it around the pavla cone:

The result was quick and decent:

DSCF4266.JPG

Really ingenious fix :salute:

;)

Cheers!

Niki

love these builds edd!

...as for armament the iraqi F-7s you may want to give them magics/PL-7s

pl-7_1.jpg

BTW, the above F-7 appears to be painted in some iranian camo/colors..

I´ll keep following this thread with enthusiasm..!! I´m planning to make an F-7 some day... but in inmaculate chinese gloss white finish

best regards.-

I kept trying to avoid it, but in the end i had to solve the cannon problem on the Chengdu.

I therefore copied in resin the front and rear parts of the revell cannon. The front part fit perfectly, but the rear part had to be modified a little. I did this while the resin was still softer. Some putty was required to make the bulged part.

DSCF4270.JPG

DSCF4272.JPG

I used the pylons from a Condor Mig-21