Greg's builds - Aussi Aussi Aussi

Well im in, hello everyone!

Started work about 2 days ago on both the Tiger and the NH-90.

Both are revell kits and in 72nd (which I hate.)

Tiger:

DSC00001-2.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

NH-90

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008-1.jpg

interior start

DSC00009.jpg

Both Kits are OK, cant really comment as structural references are hard to come by on these ones. Hopefully to be finished in Australian Army decals.

More to follow...

Thanks for the comms guys!

yeah ther prity quick builds, theres not much to them to be honest.

Yeah i can second that, they need to be in 48th at least.

Having trouble finding auss colours, the green is funny. Think ill have to hand paint the decals so this could be interesting!

Thanks for the comms guys!

yeah ther prity quick builds, theres not much to them to be honest.

Yeah i can second that, they need to be in 48th at least.

Having trouble finding auss colours, the green is funny. Think ill have to hand paint the decals so this could be interesting!

Don't know if you've already tried but,

Try Southern Sky Decals for the the ARH Tiger decals, search for Southern Sky models in Google. And for the colour of the Tiger ask on AussieModeller.com (in their discussion groups section) someone there is bound to know.

Brilliant cheers Dave!

Ive been looking over the site its a good find there.

Not much progress, been taking advantage of the sun down in the south of England.

Preshading on over a white base, more to follow.

Don't know if you've already tried but,

Try Southern Sky Decals for the the ARH Tiger decals, search for Southern Sky models in Google. And for the colour of the Tiger ask on AussieModeller.com (in their discussion groups section) someone there is bound to know.

Nice build coming along there Greg.

I have built the Tiger in 1/48 and the green appears to be a protected colour with the ADF (Australian Defence Force) so you will have to mix your own to match. I used a lightened version of medium green but it's not right. I also habitate on AMI and there has been recent discussion on this subject with some interesting alternatives. Good luck with your builds. I look forward to seeing them done. Oh, also, you can get decals from Southern Sky Decals.

Tigre1.jpg

Regards

Andrew (from Oz)

Edited by Andrew Doppel

Nice build there Andrew! good to see a 48th version

Cool, well I was gona mix a few test pots today but my compressor has decided to die so it would seem ther will be a delay on the spraying

Failing to find that green I think the next course of action will be to spray both the NH and the tiger in the same chades of black green and tan, although Im set on gettin this green right.

Yeah ive seent he decals so that helps alot! definatly gettin a few sheets to split for common markings betweent he tiger and NH90

Edited by grooger200
Nice build there Andrew! good to see a 48th version

Cool, well I was gona mix a few test pots today but my compressor has decided to die so it would seem ther will be a delay on the spraying

Failing to find that green I think the next course of action will be to spray both the NH and the tiger in the same chades of black green and tan, although Im set on gettin this green right.

Yeah ive seent he decals so that helps alot! definatly gettin a few sheets to split for common markings betweent he tiger and NH90

Gidday mate!,

There is a decal sheet coming out for the MRH-90 too but it won't be until later this year unfortunately as I am waiting to do this kit myself.

Regards

Andrew

Well thats kinda good news ha ha

Sprayed a base of tan, dont think it'll work tho, some photos seem to suggest the base tan is more of a mud brown whilst sum ARH photos show it to be this tan.

DSC00001-3.jpg

Feedback!!! hope to get this done as soon as possible, I have 3 weeks in the brecon becons playing war so it be great to get these at least completly sprayed

Edited by grooger200

Sprayed a base of tan, dont think it'll work tho, some photos seem to suggest the base tan is more of a mud brown whilst sum ARH photos show it to be this tan.

DSC00001-3.jpg

Feedback!!! hope to get this done as soon as possible, I have 3 weeks in the brecon becons playing war so it be great to get these at least completly sprayed

Since you're using tamiya paint, try their NATO tank colors. The scaled black and brown should be a match!

DSC00001-3.jpg

Gidday Greg,

I used Testors/Model Master paints for mine. You want the equivalent of FS30219 for the tan if this helps. Its a common colour for the tan on all ADF aircraft. It's also what I used on my A10 Thunderbolt in the A10 Group Build. Our tan is a little more browny. Match it to my Tiger and you should be right. If you work out the green let me know.

Good Luck

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Well Im finally back in my hometown after 3 glourious weeks with my reserve unit (the joys of being at university)

No change on the helos from when I left, work will begin on monday, Im buying in paint tomorrow as to get the ball rolling again!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

ok ive been back for a couple weeks and havent done much in the way of the oz builds

HOWEVER

i have been building somthin else..

The Westland Gazelle

During my time away we did alot of OPTAG trainging, using gazelles of all choppers to do eagle VCPs within multipuls

So i thought id build one as its a neat woca, so using the 72nd airfix kit (with shocking decals);

DSC00002-2.jpg

DSC00003-2.jpg

An average build but im happy with it

Progress with the Ozi builds, well hand painting of the camo is coming this week as my airgun is destroyed, they WILL be finished

Greg