Bf-109G-14 ; Academy 1/72

Greetings,

Here's my recent progress on this neat little model spruced up with the tricky eduard set, some quickboost resin additions (gun cover, control column, gunsight) and fine wire. I may be not experienced enough with PE cockpits but that interior proved to be a real pain to fit with tiny pieces constantly snapping off, at least I could find them all back but jeez! I'm going for resin interiors next time that's for sure.

The whole thing was weathered with cmk powders, real good stuff, and silver drybrush.

Bf-109C.jpg

bf-109C3.jpg

Bf-109C2.jpg

Pre-painted intrument panel and seatbelts are pretty nice though.

Bf-109C4.jpg

Bf-109C1.jpg

I just hope that one will be finished before deadline, I'm kind of optimistic, let's hope though.

Wow, you make it look so easy. The before and after shots of the main cockpit seat/floor/breech assembly are pretty darned humbling. The staining/shading on the floor is perfect.

To quote Richard Dean Anderson, "Sweet!"

Victor - that's looking really good. Keep working with the PE. It will start to grow on you. I like it better for 72nd than resin. It looks more to scale to me.

You should be able to finish it. The Academy kit is pretty decent and I don't remember any major obstacles with it.