Virginia Beach US Nats-60 days and counting

• 2 weeks later...
I won't be going, but 2009 in Columbus is doable. I have 14 months to save up. Already doing some searches for best routes and hotels for 2009. Anyone have an idea where it is going to be held?

Have fun in Virginia Beach everyone.

Wayne

Wayne,

Sorry - just got on the site, but I'm registration chairman for Columbus. The venue is the Greater Columbus Convention Center, hotel is the

Hyatt Regency at 350 N High Street. Our web site will be up August 10th (after I get back from Va Beach) at www.ipmsusa2009.org. Nothing

there yet, though. We look forward to seeing you in 09 in Columbus.

-Scott

Scott thanks for for info on columbus in 09 looking foward to it, it is in driving distance from my house sounds like it going to very cool hopefully the AF musieum in dayton is one of the tours

Wayne,

Sorry - just got on the site, but I'm registration chairman for Columbus. The venue is the Greater Columbus Convention Center, hotel is the

Hyatt Regency at 350 N High Street. Our web site will be up August 10th (after I get back from Va Beach) at www.ipmsusa2009.org. Nothing

there yet, though. We look forward to seeing you in 09 in Columbus.

-Scott

Thanks Scott for the info. I will now be having paid vacations so I am pretty sure I can get the time off now. Now my theme song for the next year will be Money, I need, Money. :worship:

hey guys i have all ready started to look at the hotels in the columbus area that are 3 to ten miles from the main hotel i dont know if i am going to stay at the main hotel but the ones i have found are very reasonable and they are not fleebags either

hey guys i have all ready started to look at the hotels in the columbus area that are 3 to ten miles from the main hotel i dont know if i am going to stay at the main hotel but the ones i have found are very reasonable and they are not fleebags either

If you are going to get a hotel 3-10 miles from the convention hotel be sure to rent a car as well, unless you are already driving. When you combine it with parking and gas you just might make up the difference. Wait until after VA Beach when we start 'selling' 09 to make a decision though.

Scott thanks for for info on columbus in 09 looking foward to it, it is in driving distance from my house sounds like it going to very cool hopefully the AF musieum in dayton is one of the tours

Yes, AF Museum will be on Thursday, the 20th.

-Scott

I wish the AF Museum still did the evening "open cockpit" events for special groups. I got in on a couple of those back in the early '90s.

SN

Unfortunately, that is "off the table" these days... too many idiots tried to take parts, break things, etc.

-Scott

I'm mostly a lurker out here, but I managed last-minute approval from my better half to go down to Nats for a couple days.

It sounds like there are a number of hospitality suites and events other than those listed on the IPMS site. Is there a consolidated list anywhere of times and locations (and if there are any restrictions on attending)?

Many thanks!

--Garth

I'm attending, Don, as previously discussed.

Arriving sometime Wednesday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at the Doubletree with my newly-acquired roommates from Modeler's Warehouse (Warpigs). Should be an outstanding event, I'm really looking forward to it.

14 days!!!!!!!

Hey Don,

You KNOW I'll be there- driving in direct from NW Jersey, loaded on Moutain Dew and hyped from the 7 1/2 hour drive! I'll dump my bags at the hotel and head straight onto the convention floor. I'll be the one with the nervous twitch and a slight drooling issue.

Hey Don,

You KNOW I'll be there- driving in direct from NW Jersey, loaded on Moutain Dew and hyped from the 7 1/2 hour drive! I'll dump my bags at the hotel and head straight onto the convention floor. I'll be the one with the nervous twitch and a slight drooling issue.

That's makes 2 of us :o

Holy cow we are only 13 days away from the party!! I just hope Fed Ex gets our stuff there for you guys to look at!! Makes me nervous mailing it and hoping it all arrives in one piece.

BTW, looks like we may be having a little party at our rental house Thursday night!! 1.2 miles from the convention center......

Anyone interested??

Did someone say party? We've never met....don't want to crash..my name's Jerry. I'm Vice Pres. of IPMS Fame Cities and we're always looking for a party. We're interested.

Jerry

Jerry

Look me up at our booth with Two Bobs!! Nothing like a few cold ones with friends!! :P

Holy cow we are only 13 days away from the party!! I just hope Fed Ex gets our stuff there for you guys to look at!! Makes me nervous mailing it and hoping it all arrives in one piece.

BTW, looks like we may be having a little party at our rental house Thursday night!! 1.2 miles from the convention center......

Anyone interested??

Count me in, after the Fighter Factory BBQ. Especially if Jerry Royer's crew is gonna be there...Somebody has to ride herd over those guys! :doh:

James Kelley

ScaleWarbirds Studios

Count me in, after the Fighter Factory BBQ. Especially if Jerry Royer's crew is gonna be there...Somebody has to ride herd over those guys! :lol:

James Kelley

ScaleWarbirds Studios

Hey.....I resemble that remark. See you in Virginia Jim :thumbsup:

Jerry