• 1 year later...

Hi there,

cleaning my stash I came across to the box contaning this kit. Opening the box I've found some details with putty on and tough.... "c'on just some minutes for sanding them..." but I was wrong... so the work proceeded...

cheers

Maurizio

Dscf6378_zps615c0d52.jpg

Dscf6382_zps89ada11e.jpg

412 and the 212 have the same nose. I think Rod is refering to the modification of nose into correct shape as all models available have a longer nose which looks like a duck-face.

All the rivets have been rimoved since they are not enough. They will be replaced with the Archer raised rivets decal. Some panel lines and grilles are wrong so putty is needed.

I rescribed some panel lines, too. They were not deep enough for washing job.

Dscf6384_zps5f211c5d.jpg

Dscf6385_zps3c66b8f3.jpg

"Ciao" Maurizio,

happy to see you back again at work on the 212 ASW.

Work so complicated, takes a lot of time and concentration.

I hope to see more progress soon.

Sebastiano

p.s. this is my way for the AB212 ASW "Italian Navy", unfortunately still under construction

010.jpg

Hi Sebastiano,

happy to read about you and your kits again.

Congrats for your ASW - Amazing job mate!

I can confirm you that this is a very difficult conversion!

I'm considering to remove the raised rivets on the doors made with alu tape and using the Archer rivets-decals (I just have...).

Cheers and stay in touch please!

Maurizio

I'll use some custom decals made by a modeller (thanks Luca!) for the "MARINA" (NAVY) and the logo. I want a super equipped heli so I'll put on the FLIR, too. The choosen helis is the 6-67 so I have to custom made some decals. here are the first tests comparing the decals with the fuselage. I think some must be resized a little bit...

Dscf6386_zpsba61151e.jpg

Dscf6387_zps6209e043.jpg

I'll use some custom decals made by a modeller (thanks Luca!) for the "MARINA" (NAVY) and the logo. I want a super equipped heli so I'll put on the FLIR, too. The choosen one is the 6-47 so I have to custom made some decals. here are some tests.

All the AB-212ASW have the numer "6"

Dscf6386_zpsba61151e.jpg

Dscf6387_zps6209e043.jpg

Edited by maurizio
  • 3 weeks later...

How I've made the sonar bay/container.

After looking for a solution from 2008 the idea came to me seeing a pen... I've bought a pen with a clear body and cut it.

Dscf7228_zps0a299b96.jpg

Dscf7231_zps9da278d8.jpg

Dscf7230_zps03d0388a.jpg

The following photo is not very nice to see. I've decided to do this bad-looking cross of plasticard pieces for having a stronger piece using also CA glue.

Dscf7237_zps4dc06074.jpg

PUtty is on.

Dscf7239_zps892648e5.jpg

Dscf7240_zps58e714cf.jpg

The surface of the pen piece had several scratches so I've decided to sand all the part with a 3M used sponge in order to have a uniform surface. Later on the future Windows has been polished.

Note the oval shape of the base of the sonobuoy bay.

Dscf7238_zps3bc9d2e0.jpg

When the piece is ready I've put it in a bowl with Future wax for sealing everything and bring the clear part shine.

Dscf7242_zps8ed2f17a.jpg

The 2 frontal louvers (correct in English?) are in wrong position so I cut them and positioned in the correct position.

Dscf7246_zps05f22113.jpg

This is the result for the right panel.

Dscf7247_zps2447590e.jpg

Some plasticard strips have been added. Also note the more and differente panel lines made with a Trumpeter scribing tool. Sharp and deep panel lines.

Dscf7249_zpsf6b30e18.jpg

Dscf7248_zpsf99cbb8b.jpg

Some plates and antennaes are made. I'm considering to reduce the anti-slip texture of the top adding some coats of Future wax. Just a little bit. I'm afraid it will be too much visible after painting.

Dscf7251_zpsea3304ac.jpg

Starting witht he winch cover.

Dscf7252_zps1cadca81.jpg

Liquid putty has been added to the fuselage in order to obtain a completely smooth surface. Most of the panel lines and grilles are located in wrong position or too small. For a better rescribing job I preferred to delete all the details.

Dscf7306_zps9c00e148.jpg

Edited by maurizio